Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

painting van ply lining

• 21-06-2013 11:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭

Hi I van to paint the ply lining my van gloss white and maby have it water resistant as well

What would I need ?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Hi I van to paint the ply lining my van gloss white and maby have it water resistant as well

What would I need ?

A base coat of Zinsser BIN Primer wouldnt go a miss on the ply lining.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭JAMES VTI S

paddy147 wrote: »

Any special paint?

paddy147 wrote: »

Any special paint?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,337 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

I'll try this again tonight :D coat it in epoxy resin, if you want you can mix a bit of the paint you want to use into the epoxy and see if you like it if not paint in pre-kote primer also mixed with the finish colour and then your topcoat.

Epoxy floor paint might also be worth looking at to coat it with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭jack of all

I'd go for the epoxy floor paint option also- very hard wearing and available in neutral colours- off-white, grey and cream. Probably best to spot prime any knots with the Zinser BIN, if nothing else it'll prevent any "ghosting" through the finish coat.

• Advertisement

All great help!

is their any thing a bit less expensive lads ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

is their any thing a bit less expensive lads ?

Give it a couple of coats of white emulsion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

Knot it,coat of thinned white emulsion to prime the acrylic eggshell for a bit of toughness. No point going mad cost wise as it will probably get knocked about.

Just came home from woddies and I was told that woodies undercoat and high gloss pure white would do the job so I have a tin of each 2.5 liters

€28 the lot

• Advertisement
Advertisement