Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Karcher Washer Drops Pressure...

Options
  • 12-04-2013 3:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭

Hi

l have a Karcher power washer that has recently lost pressure .

When l turn it on the pump hums as per usual but doesn't stop. Usually once the unit gets up to pressure the motor turns off until the trigger is pulled .

No water comes from the casing ie. l think the seals are all ok.

I stripped it back a bit to see if there was anything obvious wrong but these wasn't.
    It seems as though a pressure diaphragm might be torn? hence not keeping pressure?

Anyone else had A similar experience or any other solutions?

Cheers,
    Livingthedream.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48 frost53

Have the same problem with mine. Did you find out what the problem is. Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭livingthedream

Sorry, no joy :(

I usually like to try repair things myself but I have no experience with these..
    I rang a repair place to get a guesstimate as to the cost of repairing it and realistically you are looking at 80-100 euro minimum so I've resigned myself to buying a new power washer... though I think I'll probably just get a spurious one this time to be honest, not sure the Karcher brand name justifies the extra cash.... Could get a 150bar one from Lidl for 110 there a while ago..

Let me know if you manage to resolve the issue for reasonable money...

Cheers,

LTD

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

hope its not the K2, bought one recently

• Registered Users Posts: 5,113 ✭✭✭homer911

Last time I used mine the motor would constantly start/stop when not being used, and didnt seem to be running at full pressure - does sound like some sort of faulty seal now having read this..

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭livingthedream

homer911 wrote: »
    Last time I used mine the motor would constantly start/stop when not being used, and didnt seem to be running at full pressure - does sound like some sort of faulty seal now having read this..

That actually happened to mine a few years ago too and I got it repaired under warranty even though it was out of warranty a bit thanks to the nice manager in my local Woodies.... it was indeed some seal that had gone.

Basically from talking to someone who sells them, the domestic ones that are typically available are only suitable for use in short bursts (20 mins) and don't like being used for big jobs i.e. they can't take the heat and cheaper components and seals tend to give way as a result so don't plan on using them for a couple of hours of driveway cleaning etc...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭JAMES VTI S

That sounds like trapped air. run the hose for a minute before you attach it to the washer

Advertisement