Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Unlimited Calls, texts and data. Half price. Emobile

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭bidiots

daRobot wrote: »
    You'd wonder if they'd whack up the sim only price, to 39 euro pm at some stage too. It's a bit of a chance on a 30 day contract.
    Pardon?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

You'd wonder if they'd whack up the sim only price, to 39 euro pm at some stage too. It's a bit of a chance on a 30 day contract.

I'll just go to 48 or Tesco if that happens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 844 ✭✭✭eirlink

guys, im on this plan with a 5s, on ios7
    last few days im getting a prompt to accept a new carrier file from emobile

anyone know whats contained / changes are in it?

im just a bit wary in case the hotpot tethering gets changed in some way :(

i didnt accept it, nor will i until i find out its contents. kinda sly how you are nearly accepting this through familiar popups !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

bidiots wrote: »
    Pardon?

What part of my post needs simplifying for you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭TBi

eirlink wrote: »
    guys, im on this plan with a 5s, on ios7
    last few days im getting a prompt to accept a new carrier file from emobile

anyone know whats contained / changes are in it?

im just a bit wary in case the hotpot tethering gets changed in some way :(

i didnt accept it, nor will i until i find out its contents. kinda sly how you are nearly accepting this through familiar popups !

I have a 5 and got the carrier update. Tethering remains but i now have an "Enable 4G" option. I'm not on a 4G package or in a 4G area so don't know if it works until i hit the big smoke on the weekend.

What part of my post needs simplifying for you?

Its a 30 day contract, if they try change it, move to another deal...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Pardon?

bidiots, did you end up getting that €24 plan?

bidiots, did you end up getting that €24 plan?

Yes, on it now but have to change over to the 4G SIM. Have the Lumia 920 en route and will test it out then...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭TBi

Yes, on it now but have to change over to the 4G SIM.

No idea why they need to give you a new SIM. Should work just fine with the old one, unless the new sim does some new fancy decryption that the old one didn't...

TBi wrote: »
    No idea why they need to give you a new SIM. Should work just fine with the old one, unless the new sim does some new fancy decryption that the old one didn't...

It's working fine as is but my current 520 doesn't support 4G so I need a 4G phone. I presume that 4G needs a 4G enabled sim, well they sent me out one anyway

• Advertisement

TBi wrote: »

according to their website, and their forums, you definitely need a 4g sim card for the new speed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

Its a 30 day contract, if they try change it, move to another deal...

I'm referring to people on the 34.50 pm deal, like myself, who may be considering the sim only plan at 24 pm.

If they decide to put up the sim only price, in line with their planned increase on bill pay after 6 months, it may not so easy to find a comparable deal.

Personally, even though my Galaxy S3 is in perfect order, and I could easily move to sim only, I'm sticking with my current deal for the time being.

I'm referring to people on the 34.50 pm deal, like myself, who may be considering the sim only plan at 24 pm.

If they decide to put up the sim only price, in line with their planned increase on bill pay after 6 months, it may not so easy to find a comparable deal.

Personally, even though my Galaxy S3 is in perfect order, and I could easily move to sim only, I'm sticking with my current deal for the time being.

I'm one of those people. If they faff around, I'm going to Tesco

they've just told me they won't move me to the €24 per month plan as it has to be part of an eircom bundle.

they've just told me they won't move me to the €24 per month plan as it has to be part of an eircom bundle.

Were you on the 34.50pm bundle?

Were you on the 34.50pm bundle?

yep. And they said they couldn't see that I was an eircom customer (I'm not).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 614 ✭✭✭blankblank

I rang today to ask when I was actually due an upgarde. It turns out I have been for the past two months and I can uptrade to the s4 for the tiny sum of €449 euro AND still keep get to keep my suppoosed discount. Bargain !

Goodbye emobile , its been nice knowing you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Reedsie

I'm sure they are counting on people being too lazy or disinterested to move to a different provider. It's a shame they offer little incentive to stay though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭tonic wine

Is there any benefits to an existing customer upgrading compared to a new customer walking into the shop and taking out the same contract?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭polaris68

That deal is long gone so it wouldn't be available to new customers.

polaris68 wrote: »
    That deal is long gone so it wouldn't be available to new customers.

I'm not asking about the deal in the title of the thread.
    Just asking in general is there any advantages for existing customers to upgrade compared to new customers walking in off the street?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Anyone recently upgraded? Have the prices got more realistic because I'm due an upgrade next month.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭meolwan

Rang them yesterday as I got this deal for my son who is a student and the prices were the same as before Christmas. I was looking for an Iphone 5s was told it was 500 when I said it would be just as cheep to buy from apple and it would be sim free. The sales person on the phone told me we are expecting the price to drop in February. They really don't want people I think.

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    Anyone recently upgraded? Have the prices got more realistic because I'm due an upgrade next month.

Still wanted 500+ for a note 3. Said they wanted to ger people off this contract basically.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 614 ✭✭✭blankblank

tonic wine wrote: »
    Still wanted 500+ for a note 3. Said they wanted to ger people off this contract basically.

I was given this price too and was told the price was higher as I was already getting such a discount on my monthly bill.

I then questioned the sales person on the phone, saying that if I pay such a high price for the phone it offsets the discount to the point where its non-existent.

She agreed with me - ridiculous sales policy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Moyglish

Their upgrade prices for this plan are ridiculous - they're practically the sim free prices for most of the phones I want. There's no incentive to stay with eMobile anymore at all now. I'll be leaving them any day now.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 mopeds

All I just wanted to let you know, I too am on the 34.50 emobile offer and was not too happy with the emobile upgrade. However I went to carphonewarehouse and was able to upgrade for 219 to iphone 5s. Much better than emobile direct

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 509 ✭✭✭numorouno

mopeds wrote: »
    All I just wanted to let you know, I too am on the 34.50 emobile offer and was not too happy with the emobile upgrade. However I went to carphonewarehouse and was able to upgrade for 219 to iphone 5s. Much better than emobile direct

are you still on the 34.50 plan?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 639 ✭✭✭chris1970

Few question mopeds are you still emobile /Eircom customer? 4g? Price per month?
    Cheers

tonic wine wrote: »
    Said they wanted to ger people off this contract basically.

I didn't get this impression talking to them. They didn't make any attempt to push another plan and encouraged me to ring again next month to see if prices had changed saying its a great plan and once you stay on it you have it for as long as you want etc.

I tried carphone warehouse before christmas and was told the same as emobile, 500 euro for the 5s.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

My wife was offered a decent enough upgrade, but it did mean moving to a 40 quid a month plan from the 35 quid one.

eMobile has given me the best value and service of any operator, so I'm loathe to leave them to get a decent cheap device elsewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 943 ✭✭✭kenyard

emobile have the prepay unlimited everything for 24euro a month at the moment.
    thats the best out there imo.
    im with three and its 20 quid but only free calls on weekends so i end up running outta calls pretty fast and just left with texts/viber calls

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

kenyard wrote: »
    emobile have the prepay unlimited everything for 24euro a month at the moment.
    thats the best out there imo.
    im with three and its 20 quid but only free calls on weekends so i end up running outta calls pretty fast and just left with texts/viber calls

Good deal alright, but you have to have an Eircom phone to avail of it from what I can see....

numorouno wrote: »
    are you still on the 34.50 plan?

Hi Yes I am still on the 34.50 plan

chris1970 wrote: »
    Few question mopeds are you still emobile /Eircom customer? 4g? Price per month?
    Cheers

Hi I was never an Eircom customer, I got offered this deal when I was out of contract the last time. I pay 34.50 per month for unlimited calls text and data.

I dont have 4G

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 999 ✭✭✭PeteK*

Hi Yes I am still on the 34.50 plan
    Which 5s did you get? 16GB or more?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

That is some deal.

A 24 month contract?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭polaris68

The original €34.50 Emobile offer was for an 18 month contract.

I recall (a few pages back) someone writing that the were able to get a reasonably priced upgrade on this plan from Carphone Warehouse soon after Emobile upped the prices of the phones.

Be interested to hear if this was still possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭loopymum

polaris68 wrote: »
    The original €34.50 Emobile offer was for an 18 month contract.

I recall (a few pages back) someone writing that the were able to get a reasonably priced upgrade on this plan from Carphone Warehouse soon after Emobile upped the prices of the phones.

Be interested to hear if this was still possible.

I tried Carphone warehouse but no joy, outrageous prices and crappy customer service from emobile means I have cancelled my contract and I am moving to Tesco PAYG, I have 3 months free 5 gb data per months and I will use my clubcard vouchers to top up the phone so I will have a free calls basically and I will put the 34.50 a month a side and buy sim free

PeteK* wrote: »
    Which 5s did you get? 16GB or more?

I got the 16GB i would have liked the 32gb but CPW said they dont really do them

• Advertisement

quad_red wrote: »
    That is some deal.

A 24 month contract?

Hi another 18 mth contract

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭CurlyEng

Thanks moped - which carphone warehouse store was that? Did you ask for anything on particular / is there some way of identifying the new deal you are on?

P.s. What is your data on the package? 4G enabled?
    CurlyEng wrote: »
    Thanks moped - which carphone warehouse store was that? Did you ask for anything on particular / is there some way of identifying the new deal you are on?

CurlyEng wrote: »

Hi Mine was in Naas, although I had checked beforehand in carrickmines and they gave same price but had no stock. I do not get 4G

Thanks for the reply...

Are you on the original 15GB data or is this back to 5GB?

Anyone get a decent price for an upgrade to the Sony Xperia Z1 on this plan? I'm being quoted €499 - can get an unlocked SIM free phone at that price!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 937 ✭✭✭swampy353

Moyglish wrote: »
    Anyone get a decent price for an upgrade to the Sony Xperia Z1 on this plan? I'm being quoted €499 - can get an unlocked SIM free phone at that price!

Got a z1 for 199 in October on upgrade thru cpw

swampy353 wrote: »
    Got a z1 for 199 in October on upgrade thru cpw

Thanks for letting me know swampy353 - not a bad price at all!
    Did you get to keep the €34.50 plan for 18 months also?

Carphone Warehouse quoted me €499 for it as well yesterday. Bugger!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 937 ✭✭✭swampy353

Moyglish wrote: »
    Thanks for letting me know swampy353 - not a bad price at all!
    Did you get to keep the €34.50 plan for 18 months also?

Carphone Warehouse quoted me €499 for it as well yesterday. Bugger!

Yeah kept the same plan for another 18 months

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 755 ✭✭✭whowantstwoknow

Do you only qualify for an upgrade once the existing 18 month contract expires? My contract wont expiry til end of April. would be nice to get the 5s at the 220 price!!

W.

Advertisement