Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rangers FC lodge papers to go into administration

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

Dempsey wrote: »
    Nah I am not that good but it doesn't take much of an IQ to work out a financial Director would know exactly what was going on out of all the directors it's pretty easy to pick up that Bain had to know. ;)

Pity you dont think the same of the gobshíte that replaced him :P

Your right but me thinking at the time he was a scumbag of the highest order would have changed the square root of feck all. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

Rangers appeal REJECTED!

Transfer ban stands.

All over twitter but can't provide any links at mo.

Chris McLaughlin from BBC broke it about ten minutes ago.

EDIT - link - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18099048

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

I'm surprised it hasnt been increased for being a frivolous appeal. Rangers were going to produce nothing that the SFA didnt find out in their own investigation which was done in great detail.

What exactly was the argument for their appeal, a hat in hand and a "we're sorry"?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭lubo_moravcik

Full Statement from SFA

Appellate Tribunal Statement
    Wednesday, 16 May 2012

The Appellate Tribunal will give its full reasons in writing in early course. However, in summary, it considers that:

1. It was competent for Disciplinary Tribunal to impose the additional sanction of prohibiting registrations of any new players of 18 years or older for a period of 12 months.

2. The Disciplinary Tribunal was correct to determine that the conduct involved - especially the deliberate non-payment of very large sums, estimated in excess of £13m of tax in the form of PAYE, NIC and VAT - was attributable to the club as a member of the Scottish FA.

3. The Disciplinary Tribunal was correct also in holding that the maximum fine available for this breach was £100,000, and on its own was inadequate as a punishment for this misconduct. It was therefore correct to select an additional sanction.

4. The sanctions available included expulsion from participation in the game and termination or suspension of membership of the Scottish FA, which would have had a similar effect. The Appellate Tribunal observes that serious consideration was given by the disciplinary tribunal to imposing one of these sanctions, which would have had obvious consequences for the survival of the club. The Disciplinary Tribunal rejected these as too severe and this Appellate Tribunal agrees with that conclusion.

5. Although the Appellate Tribunal has listened carefully to the representations from Rangers FC about the practical effects of the additional sanction, it has concluded that this sanction was proportionate to the breach, dissuasive to others and effective in the context of serious misconduct, bringing the game into disrepute. In particular, the Appellate Tribunal recognises that the Disciplinary Tribunal decision does not affect Rangers’ ability to extend the contracts of existing professional players, including those whose contracts will expire at the end of this season and including also those currently on loan to other clubs. The Appellate Tribunal observes that Rangers FC have over 40 professional players in this category.

Therefore, the Appellate Tribunal affirms the decision of the Disciplinary Tribunal.

Court of Arbitration for Sport the next stop then

Court of Arbitration for Sport the next stop then

The SFA warned you twice now that they could have easily went for a stronger punishment. You really want CAS scrutinising Rangers considering that they'll be going on the SFA tribunal report?

http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/football-news/article/2773718
    Mr Keen is Dean of the Faculty of Advocates in Scotland and famously acted for Al Amin Fhimah, who was acquitted at the Lockerbie Bomb trial in Holland in 2001.

Stay classy Rangers! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

You mean because he defended a guy who was proven to be innocent ?

Yeah, how dare he.

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    You mean because he defended a guy who was proven to be innocent ?

Yeah, how dare he.

OJ Simpson was innocent too :rolleyes:

OJ Simpson was innocent too :rolleyes:

Nice argumentation there. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Nice argumentation there. :rolleyes:

Tis rich coming from someone that continually hops into the Celtic thread to bitch about people that support republicanism and people that you believe that should be guilty by association.

Oranges, Apples, you know the deal.

Oranges, Apples, you know the deal.

Whatever you say, Baghdad Bob!

All this chatter about another appeal makes me think about Sion

Christian-Constantin2.jpg

AN SFA independent appeals panel has this evening upheld a decision to impose a 12-month transfer embargo on the club.

Duff and Phelps, administrators of Rangers Football Club, issued the following statement tonight.

Paul Clark, joint administrator, said: "The decision by the appellate tribunal to uphold the sanction, namely the suspension of registration of players for one year, is not competent in the view of the Club and its legal advisers.

"Such a sanction was not available to the tribunal and should not have been imposed and it is the intention of the Club to challenge the determination.

"The Club will consider seeking review of this most disappointing decision and it is a matter of regret that the certainty and finality Rangers sought on this matter has not been achieved. Everyone at Rangers is bitterly disappointed and dismayed at this outcome."

Charles Green, who leads a consortium purchasing the Club, said: "Our group went into the purchase of the Club with this sanction in place but we hoped the decision would at least be commuted. We fully support the Club as it considers an appeal against this latest decision."

Sandy Jardine, spokesman for the Rangers Fans Fighting Fund, added: "Rangers supporters will be shocked and bitterly disappointed by this decision and will find it hard to take that the Club has been so heavily punished for the actions of individuals.

Interesting

Interesting

http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/rangers/100202-rangers-signing-ban-stands-as-scottish-fa-tribunal-throws-out-appeal/
    Despite an embargo not appearing as a suggested sanction, the initial tribunal utilised a clause allowing them to impose any additional punishment it saw fit for the club bringing the game into disrepute.

Article 95: The Judicial Panel shall have jurisdiction subject to the terms of the Judicial Panel Protocol to deal with any alleged infringement of any provision of these Articles. A recognised football body, club, official, Team Official or other member of Team Staff, player, referee or other person under the jurisdiction of the Scottish FA if found to have infringed the Articles shall be liable to censure or to a fine or to a suspension or to an expulsion or to ejection from the Challenge Cup competition, to any combination of these penalties, or such other penalty, condition or sanction as the Judicial Panel considers appropriate, including such other sanctions as are contained within the Judicial Panel Protocol in order to deal justly with the case in question.

Going to CAS would be a waste of money.

• Advertisement

http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/rangers/100202-rangers-signing-ban-stands-as-scottish-fa-tribunal-throws-out-appeal/

Article 95: The Judicial Panel shall have jurisdiction subject to the terms of the Judicial Panel Protocol to deal with any alleged infringement of any provision of these Articles. A recognised football body, club, official, Team Official or other member of Team Staff, player, referee or other person under the jurisdiction of the Scottish FA if found to have infringed the Articles shall be liable to censure or to a fine or to a suspension or to an expulsion or to ejection from the Challenge Cup competition, to any combination of these penalties, or such other penalty, condition or sanction as the Judicial Panel considers appropriate, including such other sanctions as are contained within the Judicial Panel Protocol in order to deal justly with the case in question.

Going to CAS would be a waste of money.

In your opinion which I am sure the powers at be will be vry interested in :p

In your opinion which I am sure the powers at be will be vry interested in :p

I hope ye waste all the money under the sun trying to get out of an airtight punishment! :D

You hear about the wire taps rumour?

I hope ye waste all the money under the sun trying to get out of an airtight punishment! :D

You hear about the wire taps rumour?

Nope

Nope

Must not be true then! :pac:

"Allegedly" David Murray phone tapped Fergus McCann. (seen nothing concrete, just rumours)

Cant wait to read the findings from the dual contracts investigation anyways. The transfer embargo will be a flea bite by comparison.

Must not be true then! :pac:

"Allegedly" David Murray phone tapped Fergus McCann. (seen nothing concrete, just rumours)

Cant wait to read the findings from the dual contracts investigation anyways. The transfer embargo will be a flea bite by comparison.

I could well believe it but in all honesty I don't think so.

As for the dual contracts theres not been one bit of proof we have had an 86 year old saying he thinks there might have been we have also what I would only describe as the worst attempt at a supposed contract being posted, it was so bad that it wasn't even funny. Somehow I don't see anything coming from that

• Advertisement

As for the dual contracts theres not been one bit of proof we have had an 86 year old saying he thinks there might have been we have also what I would only describe as the worst attempt at a supposed contract being posted, it was so bad that it wasn't even funny. Somehow I don't see anything coming from that

He was more adamant than "he thinks" though and wasnt he right about Lloyds controlling the purse strings despite getting flak for saying so? If he's lying now, whats the motivation? Even Campbell Ogilvie did a fair bit of back tracking after he first made comments about EBT's and dual contracts.

Post up the "contract", give us a lol

He was more adamant than "he thinks" though and wasnt he right about Lloyds controlling the purse strings despite getting flak for saying so? If he's lying now, whats the motivation? Even Campbell Ogilvie did a fair bit of back tracking after he first made comments about EBT's and dual contracts.

Post up the "contract", give us a lol

His motivation was and is he hates Murray and the club after Murray wrongly IMO tossed him out on his ear.
    I will have to look for it but I will post it tomorrow I am heading to the auld bed as I have an appointment with a swimming pool at 7am :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭lubo_moravcik

Come on BBE, you must nearly 86 and we still put up with you :)

Come on BBE, you must nearly 86 and we still put up with you :)

Cheeky chunt got a bit to go before that lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

I'm as confused as all hell about what's going on...

The current sactions (12 month transfer ban and fine), are as a result of what? ... Non payment of PAYE etc. mounting to approx £13m and bringing the game into disrepute? Is that right?

The 10pt point deduction which ultimately didn't even prove to be a punishment at all as it didn't affect league positioning was a result of going into admin? Yes?

Is the 3 year European football ban a definite? And if so, what was it a punishment for? Administration again? Or something else?

And finally.. Is the "dual contracts" issue and the so-called "big tax case" the same thing? And what's the status on them now?

Oh, and finally finally... The vote thing on the 30th is to determine what exactly?

I'm as confused as all hell about what's going on...

The current sactions (12 month transfer ban and fine), are as a result of what? ... Non payment of PAYE etc. mounting to approx £13m and bringing the game into disrepute? Is that right?

The 10pt point deduction which ultimately didn't even prove to be a punishment at all as it didn't affect league positioning was a result of going into admin? Yes?

Is the 3 year European football ban a definite? And if so, what was it a punishment for? Administration again? Or something else?

And finally.. Is the "dual contracts" issue and the so-called "big tax case" the same thing? And what's the status on them now?

Oh, and finally finally... The vote thing on the 30th is to determine what exactly?

The 10 point deduction was for appointing administrators to run the club

£10,000 fine for not checking out Craig Whyte properly

£50,000 fine for suffering an insolvency event

£100,000 & transfer embargo for bringing the game into disrepute, i.e. not paying their PAYE, NIC & VAT

They got a couple of censures aswell (whatever the fúck they actually do) for not paying DUTD their ticket money and acting improper.

They currently have a 1 year ban from European football because of their current financial situation. i.e. their application for next seasons club licence does not meet the criteria set by UEFA

Dual Contracts Investigation is ongoing and the result of the BTC isnt known yet. the STC is settled, £4m.

The vote on the 30th is to vote in new financial fair play rules, basically more stringent rules about non payment of players, clubs and taxes and stronger penalties for an 'insolvency transfer'.

Charles Green is currently at Hampden meeting Regan & Doncaster.

Probably for their *cough* fit and proper test *cough*

Probably for their *cough* fit and proper test *cough*

Or to name his "consortium". Its Rangers responsibility to ensure that he will pass a fit and proper persons test. Maybe you need to study that disciplinary docket again! :pac:

You expect me to understand that whole fit and proper bollocks, when the SFA themselves don't even get it ? :pac:

• Advertisement

You're right, the SFA shouldnt have taken Rangers word that Craig Whyte was a fit and proper person. They wont make the same mistake twice even if Rangers are willing to take a person like Green at his word.

You're right, the SFA shouldnt have taken Rangers word that Craig Whyte was a fit and proper person. They wont make the same mistake twice even if Rangers are willing to take any crackpots 'hopes and dreams' as collateral

Your dead right in what you say but the problem is they try to to there own version of a fit and proper person then admit they got it all wrong methinks they have to get there own house in order yes we should be punished but I don't reckon the punishment fits the crime when they can't get it right themselves. In saying that I reckon its time to move on we know the punishment it isn't going to change.

Oh and Green is not attending a meeting that has anything to do with this debacle this one has been arranged for a few days

Your dead right in what you say but the problem is they try to to there own version of a fit and proper person then admit they got it all wrong methinks they have to get there own house in order yes we should be punished but I don't reckon the punishment fits the crime when they can't get it right themselves. In saying that I reckon its time to move on we know the punishment it isn't going to change.

Oh and Green is not attending a meeting that has anything to do with this debacle this one has been arranged for a few days

I think the £10k fine was lenient myself, I hope the SFA revise the rules and punishments.

I know, its probably about his consortium and the lack of transparency in who is in involved

I think the £10k fine was lenient myself, I hope the SFA revise the rules and punishments.

I know, its probably about his consortium and the lack of transparency in who is in involved

Thankfully you don't have a say as I reckon if it was 1 million you would probably say it was lenient :p

As far as I know he doesn't at this point in the proceedings have to say who is involved

Thankfully you don't have a say as I reckon if it was 1 million you would probably say it was lenient

As far as I know he doesn't at this point in the proceedings have to say who is involved

You seem to forget that Rangers and the rest of the SPL voted on these rules, tis gas that they are now unfair rules because Rangers got punished by them. I think the fines imposed should be relative to the turnover of the club involved. £10k is chump change for a club that has a turnover of about £35m.

I suppose you were happy that he tried to skim over the due diligence part of the takeover a la Whyte? You'll be happy that he can leave it until whether a CVA can be agreed until he shows his hand? At which point, if anyone involved doesnt pass the fit and proper persons test will result in a change in the pot of money for the creditors and end up with everyone renegotiating a CVA or whats most likely in that event if part or all of his consortium is bogus, liquidation?

You seem to forget that Rangers and the rest of the SPL voted on these rules, tis gas that they are now unfair rules because Rangers got punished by them. I think the fines imposed should be relative to the turnover of the club involved. £10k is chump change for a club that has a turnover of about £35m.

I suppose you were happy that he tried to skim over the due diligence part of the takeover a la Whyte? You'll be happy that he can leave it until whether a CVA can be agreed until he shows his hand? At which point, if anyone involved doesnt pass the fit and proper persons test will result in a change in the pot of money for the creditors and end up with everyone renegotiating a CVA or whats most likely in that event if part or all of his consortium is bogus, liquidation?

I didn't say that but neither do I want him hung drawn and quartered on the basis of rumours as for skimming over the due dilligence that was never going to happen this time as the SFA know they got it wrong when people better informed than I warned them but no they let it go through when they could have put a stop to it. So once again while Rangers must take a portion of the blame so must the SFA which they have failed to do

You seem to forget that Rangers and the rest of the SPL voted on these rules

You keep saying that, but it makes no sense.

Take a look at the punishments available for the accusations aimed at Rangers:

6pJFI.jpg?1
    In Determining an appropriate sanction, and on the basis of its consideration of the range of breach, as set out in Paragraph 11.4, the Tribunal should Determine the appropriate sanction and level of sanction with reference to the guidance on sanctions and Scale of Sanctions provided in the Disciplinary Rules.

So basically the SFA said bollocks to that and just threw in the transfer embargo, without any precedent or rule stating they should do that.

jelle, the rules are crystal clear and i post about it last night. its clear as day. they can make up any punishment they deem fit. deal with it

So we should just accept an FA that can make up any punishment they seem fit ?

And you're surprised Rangers are willing to take this to a civilian court ?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Would you have preferred termination of membership?

No, but at least that could have been easily backed up by them.

This is just another cluster**** by the SFA, where they just make it up as they go along.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭bobmalooka

are rangers not questioning the severity of the punishment/blaming it all on Whyte rather than the SFA's right to impose sanctions as they see fit??

Both.

Part of the appeal was that the punishment regarding the transfer ban was not in the rule-book, but they also claimed that the entire club should not be punished for what Whyte did.

edit:

So far for Thomson's neutrality.

1h alex thomson ‏@alextomo
    @72rollman ah - yet another one who knows better than the Tribunal without hearing a word of their evidence! Hail. Hail.

Both.

Part of the appeal was that the punishment regarding the transfer ban was not in the rule-book, but they also claimed that the entire club should not be punished for what Whyte did.

Dempsey showed you where it is in the rulebook.
    During that period Whyte was Rangers.

Its tough to take the punishments but there is no argument against them.

I know what he said, but that doesn't mean Rangers should agree with it though.

Seriously, what kind of rule-book states that the judiciary panel can just come up with any punishment they want ?

• Advertisement

I know what he said, but that doesn't mean Rangers should agree with it though.

Seriously, what kind of rule-book states that the judiciary panel can just come up with any punishment they want ?

in exceptional circumstances when their own guidelines dont cover it

You have to, Rangers agreed to these rules.

I will be laughing long and hard if you take this to a civilian court. They have no jurisdiction over this. Surely after the Sion debacle ye'd have more sense than that. Go ahead and waste money that ye dont have, pay your taxes first!!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18108973

More threats of boycotts. :pac:

EDIT
    bobmalooka wrote: »
    in exceptional circumstances when their own guidelines dont cover it

The punishments stated in the rules are guidelines, suggested types of punishments. They aren't restricted to these at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭shankespony

you signed up to them so did craig whyte now u dont want to accept ur punishment just because you were caught with hand in cookie jar.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/2012/05/18/rangers-in-crisis-charles-green-tells-fans-he-s-already-raised-20m-for-takeover-but-fails-to-name-investors-86908-23863849/
    CHARLES GREEN last night admitted only “five or six” investors have pumped cash into his 20-strong Rangers consortium – but then insisted he has already raised £20million.

Mr. "I'm sketchy with the details" Green. If thats the case, its laughable that Duff & Phelps went with his bid over Kennedy's

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

What does it benefit him to be so secretive about the details of the consortium?
    I'd love the bid to collapse again if for nothing other than my petty amusement.

Is Green obliged to buy the club now or can he and his consortium still back out?

• Advertisement
Advertisement