Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any Chemist open today??? slight emergency.

Options
  • 24-03-2008 4:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭

Can find any since yesterday. I in Leixlip at the moment.

Checked Tallaght and terenure/Tempelogue yesterday evening. None.

First year of my life that I have been cursing this bank holiday weekend.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

The one in Westside is open. Next to Dunnes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

List of chemists and phone numbers

http://www.med4m.net/products/default.asp?itemId=30

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

biko wrote: »
    The one in Westside is open. Next to Dunnes.
    :pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Boots is open.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

Managed to find one open in Ratoath and Ashbourne.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

See, now I want to know what the slight emergency was. You can't just leave it open ended like that :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Can find any since yesterday. I in Leixlip at the moment.

Checked Tallaght and terenure/Tempelogue yesterday evening. None.

First year of my life that I have been cursing this bank holiday weekend.

Is it the bad-aids? Just rub some brown sauce on your elbows and it'll clear right up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

connundrum wrote: »
    See, now I want to know what the slight emergency was. You can't just leave it open ended like that :(
    Darn straight. OP, spit it out. It's against the charter not to. You wouldn't want an infraction now would you...?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

has to be the morning after pill

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

longshanks wrote: »

thought so first, but see you would need a doctors perscription for that wouldnt you? any girl that has ever needed it in my experience has had to go through local gp first.

• Advertisement

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭source

Condom's?

Condoms? Yeah I suppose the need for a shag could be described as an emergency situation... ;) But you don't need to go to the chemist for johnnies any more.

I'd be surprised if there was anyone here who didn't think it was the morning after pill... :) Although it might not definitely be the M.A.P (ah, we girls even have an affectionate abbreviation for it!)
    Bad nausea? (Motillium is only available in chemists)
    A severe toothache? (Bank holidays are bitches for toothache).
    The horrible flu going round at the moment?
    Although it's likely you'd be able to get painkillers/nausea tablets/Uniflu off mates or whatever, so yeah, I'm still convinced it's the morning after pill...
    thought so first, but see you would need a doctors perscription for that wouldnt you? any girl that has ever needed it in my experience has had to go through local gp first.
    Yeah, but maybe the OP's bird has gone to the doc.

OP, put us out of our misery. And if it is what we think it is, there's a 72-hour window and she could visit a family planning clinic first thing tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,811 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

The Well Womans Center should be open, that that normal where most "girls" go for the pill due it not been reordered on there GP's records.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭sharkie2008

my first thought, strangely had this problem 2 years ago today, was cursing the holiday too

Three years ago for me. It's fuppin' scary.

When god created the world he said "and on the occasions of bank holidays, condoms shall split and people shall be afflicted with agonising dental pain..."

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

Dudess wrote: »
    Three years ago for me. It's fuppin' scary.

When god created the world he said "and on the occasions of bank holidays, condoms shall split and people shall be afflicted with agonising dental pain..."

what exactly are you doing with them??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

http://www.dublin1850.com/24hrdublin.html

Thanks for replies. I found above page with 24 hr shops and such.
    You can't just leave it open ended like that
    Its a bit embarrasing. Lets just say that my tubes are not moving, and I have not went properly for over a week. But I got my sachets, and now waiting for the rumble. The stuff does not dissolve in water like it says on the packet, and there was some gagging as the salt flavoured balls were poured in my mouth.

Can't stop thinking of the Turbo-Lax scene in Dumb and Dumber.

MARY: "I hope you're not using the toilet.It's broken."
    ZOOM IN TIGHT on Harry's face - his EYES GO WIDE and a visible SWEAT breaks out on his forehead.

HARRY: "Huh?"

MARY:"It doesn't flush".

HARRY:"Um, no, I was just. . . .shaving"

Let me be the first to apologise for such jumping to conclusions. And here's some free advice too - eat bran. :o
    [/B]

what exactly are you doing with them??
    LOL :D
    there was some gagging as the salt flavoured balls were poured in my mouth.
    So many worthy comments but so little time...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Note that I didst not jump to any foul minded conclusions. Tis a crap situation OP. I wouldn't be arsed eating bran. Sultanas & raisins are teh shit.

hmmm.. 3 references. Not bad :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I think hospitals have a list of chemists that should be open, I think some have to be open within a certain area or something, and they take turns if there is no local 24hr. So you can just ring your nearest hospital in future.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

Ok, I can't believe it but I was reading through the posts in this thread (before the OP revealed what they were after) and I thought, it has to be laxatives/home enema kit.

I don't know why, may have something to do with reading about DIY enema kits on the fitness forum the other day. My mind is a strange thing.

there was some gagging as the salt flavoured balls were poured in my mouth.
    I see your problem, you're missing the chocolate. Over to you chef.

If you were a mathematician you could work it out with a pencil. /coat for 1 please...

connundrum wrote: »
    Note that I didst not jump to any foul minded conclusions. Tis a crap situation OP. I wouldn't be arsed eating bran. Sultanas & raisins are teh shit.

hmmm.. 3 references. Not bad :pac:
    Four if you include "foul" (a loose reference maybe but still a reference - of sorts).
    Good work sir!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,811 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

I know this may sound weird but have you tried a Sex Shop? There is a very big "Medical Fetish" and they sell "Enema Kits", also try drinking a full bottle of Olive Oil.

*/

Disclaimer: I only know this due to been friends with somebody working a Sex Shop and another friend that works in a Health Food Shop.
    There is some info that once for find out you can never forgot no matter how hard you try.

/*
    GDM wrote: »
    Ok, I can't believe it but I was reading through the posts in this thread (before the OP revealed what they were after) and I thought, it has to be laxatives/home enema kit.

I don't know why, may have something to do with reading about DIY enema kits on the fitness forum the other day. My mind is a strange thing.

Advertisement