Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Law Regarding Home Alarms

Options
  • 19-03-2008 7:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,304 ✭✭✭✭

Can I legally kill the owner of an apartment whose alarm goes off every morning and all morning?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

you can, something about noise pollution or whatever

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

You can indeed*, go for it.

*terms and conditions apply

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

No legal advice is to be given!!!1!!

No, but you can watch http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0425308/ and relax.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,304 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

you can, something about noise pollution or whatever

Sweet!
    Ruu wrote: »
    You can indeed*, go for it.

*terms and conditions apply

Hmm, confirmation.
    Karoma wrote: »

3-1, if the jury goes in that ratio I'm a free man

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Legally, we can't give you any legal advice. But yes, you can kill them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

So sayeth the legal seagull.

MrJoeSoap wrote: »
    Legally, we can't give you any legal advice. But yes, you can kill them.

Well, I think we can stretch the rule a little and confirm that we cannot confirm that the party of the first party may not directly or indirectly cause bodily harm to the extent of unwanted death to the party of the second or third party without the expressed consent of the second or third party and even with the consent of the party of the third party and/or second party, but yes: you can kill MrJoeSoap. That's fine and legal. It's Soap Season.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Well, I think we can stretch the rule a little and confirm that we cannot confirm that the party of the first party may not directly or indirectly cause bodily harm to the extent of unwanted death to the party of the second or third party without the expressed consent of the second or third party and even with the consent of the party of the third party and/or second party, but yes: you can kill MrJoeSoap. That's fine and legal. It's Soap Season.

You have to catch me fir... ah sh*t.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Sweet revenge mon ami. Plan it and execute it at 3am.

Fog horn, or one of them gas horns should do the trick.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭TheNog

You could just burgle the apartment and then say to your neighbours "sure no one takes any notice your alarm that's always going off"

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Ka-yorema's been reading Yes, Minister again?

Ka-yorema's been reading Yes, Minister again?

Like I can read...

• Registered Users Posts: 78,278 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Collie D wrote: »
    Can I legally kill the owner of an apartment whose alarm goes off every morning and all morning?
    Only on Sunday mornings - if you do it quietly.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,050 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Nope legally you have to rape and murder his whole family in front of him before murdering him. It was a new law brought in by the eu, a year or so ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Peared

And people with moth*rf*cking dogs who bark all night cos they never walk them EVER cos they are just used as guard dogs and utterly miserable.

Kill them too.

And the birds that sit outside my window squalking at an unearthly hour in the morning.

Murder those feckers aswell.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,585 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

killing wont stop the alarm. Fire bomb the house instead **

** not necessarily good advice

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

Legally, No

Morally, Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭pred racer

not only are you allowed; it's your duty:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Naked Lepper

go and slash their wheels if it doesnt stop hehe

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Copper

IS 199:1987 - the external alarm shouldn't sound for more than a half hour. Unfortunately it's a voluntary standard. Expanding foam in the bell-box will sort it out for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭afatbollix

or a sledge hammer to the box....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Neamhshuntasach

I live in an estate where alarms constantly goes off at all hours. Not only is it head wrecking it also reduces the effect of having one. If someone hears an alarm around here i reckon they are cursing their neighbor to high hell rather than picking up the phone to call the guards.

What i done was locate the houses that constantly had their alarms go off. Typed up letters in work threatening that i'd smash up their house if they didn't get them calibrated properly or whatever needed to be done. And then dropped them in the postbox. While i'd no intentions of doing so i found it actually worked. They don't go off as much now.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,981 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Like I can read...

An illiterate AH mod. Makes sense, how else would you stay sane?

Advertisement