Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Erasmus 2015-2016

Options
  • 30-03-2014 9:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭

Hey guys.

I've been doing a lot of research into Erasmus in third year lately. I'm 23 but don't qualify for an exemption because of dates. Blegh! Anyway, I've been looking into it because I'm currently in debt about 12,000 for fees for this year and next so I need to discuss loans for the Erasmus too.

I'm finding getting info hard. I emailed the office in college and got some info but was told that I'd get more info next year. Problem is that I want to take French which locks me in to a definite period abroad.

Does anyone know how much I could expect for two semesters abroad in France approx in grants and costs? I understand certain things need to be taken into account. How flexible are the college with where you go if cost is a factor?

Maybe these are stupid questions but finding non-conflicting info is very difficult and me and the OH are in the same boat. All things going well we will be asking to go together.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

I can't help with information regarding costs or even where to go to get that information.
    But have you considered talking to some of the fourth year french students to get their opinion on it. Do you know any of them.

If you don't, I know one or two of them who maybe able to help you out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Un Croissant

angeldaisy wrote: »
    I can't help with information regarding costs or even where to go to get that information.
    But have you considered talking to some of the fourth year french students to get their opinion on it. Do you know any of them.

If you don't, I know one or two of them who maybe able to help you out.

I don't know any of them. I cant seem to get solid info online either which is frustrating. Currently its a case of Chinese whisper among first years.

I don't know any of them. I cant seem to get solid info online either which is frustrating. Currently its a case of Chinese whisper among first years.

leave it with me and I'll try and get some info from those who went!

Okay had a chat with one of the matures who went on placement to France last year. She's happy to email / meet you to try and answer your questions.
    So if you want to PM me your email address (and name) I'll send it on to her.

Advertisement