Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good place to Buy a Blazer or a sports Jacket in Dublin City

Options
  • 06-05-2011 10:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Hi Guys
    Am looking for a good blazer/jacket to wear with formal pants or chinos for attending a wedding. Any ideas where I can get one in Dublin city for reasonable prices.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭shanec1928

quilted barbour in calearys 110

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭Sugar Free

Marks and Spencer's do some nice linen and cotton blazers/jackets ranging from 60-130 roughly depending which fabric you go with.

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭bureau2009

As per the previous poster I would suggest Marks & Spencer.

One SERIOUS word of advice: Do not buy a blazer with brass buttons. Buy an ordinary sports jacket instead. The only guys who wear blazers nowadays are 90 year old retired military guys!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

bureau2009 wrote: »
    As per the previous poster I would suggest Marks & Spencer.

One SERIOUS word of advice: Do not buy a blazer with brass buttons. Buy an ordinary sports jacket instead. The only guys who wear blazers nowadays are 90 year old retired military guys!!
    Unless, for some reason, you're going to be on a boat. In that case, I advise trying to track down a proper Captains hat to suit the ocassion. :pac:

Anyway, M&S for reasonably priced, decently styled stuff. At the very least go in to see what's on offer. You'll find similar, but sometimes better made, nicer materials and more expensive stuff in the likes of Clerys or any gents outfitters.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Wedding?!!?

Wear a suit.

Jacket and chinos would be very out of place.

• Advertisement
Advertisement