Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doves in Olympia Monday night

Options
  • 26-02-2005 1:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭

Anyone going to this gig? I think they're the best band in Britain right now. Got my tickets months ago. The new album, Some Cities is great, though i wasn't quite sure about it at first. Snowden is probably my favourite track at the mo.
    Anyone know who's supporting?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭dirkey_wynne

cashback wrote:
    Anyone going to this gig? I think they're the best band in Britain right now. Got my tickets months ago. The new album, Some Cities is great, though i wasn't quite sure about it at first. Snowden is probably my favourite track at the mo.
    Anyone know who's supporting?
    I think Hal supported, though I didn't get in to see them. I'd seen Doves once before so was delighted to hear they were playing, unfortunately didn't get online quick enough to get my ticket. Headed down last night, stood outside the Olympia for hour and a half trying to get one. Noone was selling though, only touts buying. When they eventually got their hands on them, the cheapest I was quoted was €80 - face value of €33. Then some guy came up and sold me an upper circle ticket, face value! Well he ended up taking €30 for it, as he didn't have the change. If that guy is on here, you're a legend.

I thought Doves were outstanding last night. Launching straight into Pounding, they had me by the balls from the start. Incredible stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭cashback

I thought Doves were outstanding last night. Launching straight into Pounding, they had me by the balls from the start. Incredible stuff.

Yeah, Pounding was a great way to start the gig and they maintained it throughout. Highlights for me were Snowden, The Cedar Room and There goes the fear. it was pretty cool at the end of there goes the fear where Jimi turned around and played on the drums.
    Got Some cities and Lost souls signed by the band in HMV earlier. Sound lads!
    Saw Hal. pretty good, bit like the thrills only better.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 mick mahon

the highlighgt for me was when they played the muppet tune,

de de da de da de

its still in me head

Advertisement