Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Miller promotional strat did anyone get one????

• 04-12-2004 5:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭

As the thread says did anyone get thier hands on one of these babys. I'm trying to get my hands on the one that was given away in the pub I work in. The winner wanted it to go to charity so I'm proposing to buy it from the pub and let them donate the proceeds to charity...

How much do ye reckon this is worth????

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

€50?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Depends what kind of strat is under the gaudy corporate paintjob. Bog standard Mexican strat, less than €500 (being generous) but the Millerness is a big negatory on the whole thing. Do you have any more info on it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

this is an american strat and its also a limited edition 50th anniversary one which should make it worth a few bob in the coming years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭D!ve^Bomb!

mmm.. hss? s1 switching system? i'd buy it.. what are you gonna offer?

i'm not too sure how much these are brand new. and i don't even want to imagine what they cost in ireland.. maybe 1500 or so abroad??

i wouldn't offer more than 1000,, then haggle from there on:)

I've put in a bid of 200euro hoping they dont know how much its worth.......... :)
    hopefully I'll be playing in style soon.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

got a picture of them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭D!ve^Bomb!

if you manage to get it at that price then i will hunt you down and kill you.. then steal the guitar to teach you a lesson:D

I concur.

Man, ripping off a charity, for shame... and at christmas time too...

Scroooge!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Heh. Never thought of it that way. I like that!

Bah humbug, while I'm generally in favour of most scams you could think of, the guy who won this guitar did a pretty noble thing, it must be agreed, and then to try and pull a fast one for the sake of a cheap guitar (with one eye on how much it'll be worth in the future)? Well that's just not good form at all, really. It's the charity getting ripped off here and totally demeans the gesture of the guy who won it legitimately FFS.

Damn it you're taking all the dishonest fun out of it!

I know, but come on, ripping off charities, even I couldn't do it ;)

Just think of all those critters from the Hanley Center and Concern and whatnot that attack you in town. It makes it so much easier. :D

Think of the poor bastards starving to death around the world. Kill the Concern freaks and send the money made from generating electricity out of their corpses to the appropriate charity.

Hey Doc, want to go into business doing that?

Just waiting on the licence ;)

Count me in. Wouldn't have anyone saying I wasn't a charitable person! :D :rolleyes:

Hang on, you need a licence to kill charity workers these days?

• Advertisement

You'd think they'd pay people to improve the general quality of life...

Then they'd set up a scumbag killing thingy!!!

What this has to do with a Miller Strat, I'll never know. Maybe improving life through music?

Heh. True, but the system is flawed. Scumbags slip through the mesh of reality. Hang on a minute. Charity workers supposedly improve people's quality of life. If we were to kill a lot of charity workers we'd improve the quality of people's lives. Wouldn't that make us charity workers and therefore the enemy? :confused:

No. It would make us heros.

Yeah...

if i'm successful i'll be keeping the guitar I've no intention of selling it....... anyway as it happens it seems as though it'll be auctioned off at acharity auction...

Advertisement