Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

steel wool for teak door?

Options
  • 30-05-2013 5:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭

Treated a teak door for with teak oil for someone The bottle says use 00 steel wool and polish if there is a shine. Where do I get 00 steel wool?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

LoveCoke wrote: »
    Treated a teak door for with teak oil for someone The bottle says use 00 steel wool and polish if there is a shine. Where do I get 00 steel wool?

Most hardware or DIY shops should have it. "00" refers to the grade, the more "0"s the finer the steel strands.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭LoveCoke

slimjimmc wrote: »
    Most hardware or DIY shops should have it. "00" refers to the grade, the more "0"s the finer the steel strands.
    Thanks it also says polish, is it wax polish i forget and the bottle is out in the shed:D
    Willi it look scratched i have not done this before
    Also i might do a second coat with a cloth instead of brush . what cloth would suit?

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭LoveCoke

The 00 steel wool is ten euro. Would fine sandpaper do. I have it very fine and also the black one for cars. would any of these do

What would equal 00 in sandpaper?

Advertisement