Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Painting query - paint peeled away with decals

Options
  • 02-06-2013 11:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭

Hello,

I hope you guys and gals can help me.

I'm redecorating my child's room, turning it into an office. Last time we decorated it was about 5 years ago and we put decals and stickers of kiddy things along the walls, yknow.... Teddies and the likes.

So when I unpeeled them off the wall some of the old paint came off with them.

Do I need to do anything before I start painting with the new paint?

The house was built about 10 years ago and only painted at snagging and then five years ago.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭North West

Hi December 2012
    When you have decals etc off wall, get some filler and fill out to normal paint thickness and sand smooth when dry. before painting paint the filler first and let dry. Then you can do room and you won't see any trace of where decals were
    NW

Advertisement