Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Composite door

Options
  • 02-06-2013 4:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭

Just got a new Composite door installed, what's the best way to clean these?, wipe over with a clean damp cloth do the job??, I'd be afraid to use chemicals.
    Also, I have a dog, Do these doors easily scratch? I'm thinking yes.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

mark17j wrote: »
    Just got a new Composite door installed, what's the best way to clean these?, wipe over with a clean damp cloth do the job??, I'd be afraid to use chemicals.
    Also, I have a dog, Do these doors easily scratch? I'm thinking yes.

Some warm sudsey water and a clean cloth for the outside,and a damp cloth for the inside.

Thats all I ever use on mine.:)

If the dog likes to claw at things and chew on things,then yes the door will get a little marked over time.

Dont use a scouring pad or any sort of rough surface cleaning pad to remove the likes of bird poo from the outside of the door.

A friend of mine did this a few months ago and he has a nice scratch swirl from where he used a scouring pad on the door.:(

Babywipes are excellent for removing dried on bird poo from the surface of a composite or upvc door.I had said this to him,but he didnt listen to me.Now he has a nice scratch to constantly remind him of it.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭mark17j

paddy147 wrote: »
    Some warm sudsey water and a clean cloth for the outside,and a damp cloth for the inside.

Thats all I ever use on mine.:)

If the dog likes to claw at things and chew on things,then yes the door will get a little marked over time.

Dont use a scouring pad or any sort of rough surface cleaning pad to remove the likes of bird poo from the outside of the door.

A friend of mine did this a few months ago and he has a nice scratch swirl from where he used a scouring pad on the door.:(

Babywipes are excellent for removing dried on bird poo from the surface of a composite or upvc door.I had said this to him,but he didnt listen to me.Now he has a nice scratch to constantly remind him of it.:pac:

Thank you for the tips Paddy big help, I have the black door also (White inside), with the chrome handle/Knocker.. I'm watching the dog like a hawk lol, I don't want scratches on my new door! A scouring pad? is he mad!!!! I'm Very happy with it, nice heavy feel to it, My last door was PVC, there was nothing wrong with it, just we never felt 100% secure with it.

Advertisement