Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Official Neil '2Tap' Seery Thread

• 29-10-2014 5:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭

Neil is out of his fight in Sydney with a broken rib unfortunately. Gutted as I was really looking forward to this fight.

I think Neil has what it takes to be up there with the best, look at his performance against Pickett after taking the fight at such short notice. I think if he works on his ground game he could do very well as his stand up and boxing are immense.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭SevereMMA

http://severemma.com/2014/10/neil-seery-out-of-bout-with-richie-vaculik-due-to-rib-injury/

Andy Ryan - ”We’re gutted, we’re sick, he has put some much work into it. He looked very sharp, his ground work was super, his wrestling much improved.

“It happened at his last sparring, just a light sparring session on Thursday, he popped a rib. He went to the doctor who said he has a fractured rib, and is not allowed fly because the flight could cause a punctured lung.

“Neil wanted to still go and try to recover over there but in 2 weeks he will still have a fractured rib, and it cant be strapped up. There was just no chance he was going on the plane with that risk. I had to tell him he was out, he’s not fit to fly.”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,603 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Was so gutted to hear about this.
    I suffered a similar injury 10-14 days out, although not as severe, it was real touch and go if it'd heel up in time.
    He would of been taken a massive risk by staying in the fight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Shame really but hopefully he comes back into the fold real soon. Maybe get on the Boston card with Conor and Norman? Seery has the boxing to light up that division in my opinion. Can't wait to see him compete again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,453 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Gutted at this, hopefully he gets another fight booked soon.

He's really flying under the radar with all the hype on Conor. I was just saying on the TUF thread that they made a big fuss about all the Irish winners in Dublin but left out Seery.

Would be some craic to have 2 Irish champions...

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭SevereMMA

Neil Seery on broken rib: “It’s basically just a kick in the bollocks”

neilseeryufcdublin.jpg

Irish MMA fans were crestfallen yesterday as an injury to one of their heroes, Neil Seery, was revealed which has forced him out of his November 8 clash with Richie Vaculik in Sydney’s Allphones Arena.

The former Cage Warriors champion explained how the accident occurred in celebrated Irish boxing trainer Paschal Collins’ Celtic Warriors facility, which the Finglas man frequents to train with a host of pugilistic champions.

Seery said: “I was over sparring in Paschal Collins’ boxing gym, Celtic Warrior, I was down on the Wednesday doing a few rounds and then I went back over on Thursday for a few more – I get great training with the lads down there.

“I did my usual warm up on the Thursday and I think there was about 20 seconds left in the first round and I felt something like a twitch. I took a body shot and then I can remember feeling something that I’ve never felt before.

“The round was finished and the bell went, I took a drink of water and went back to start the second round. I felt it again and I knew something wasn’t right. As soon as I said it one of the lads went straight down and grabbed some ice and they put a load of it on me.

“I ended up getting dressed and heading home, it wasn’t too bad, but then I ended up keeling over in pain to tell you the truth. I rang the VHI in Swords, asked them would they give me an x-ray and they said it wouldn’t be a problem.

“I ended up heading out and the doctor refused to x-ray me. They said they didn’t x-ray people. I explained that I had rang before and they said it would be done and I told them that I was in serious pain. Again, I was told it wasn’t their policy to x-ray people’s ribs.

MUCH MORE >> http://severemma.com/2014/10/neil-seery-on-broken-rib-its-basically-just-a-kick-in-the-bollocks/

Seery video from before UFC Dublin:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Bad form by Swords VHI. Sounded like something out of Curb your Enthusiasm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭RoboRat

Bad form by Swords VHI. Sounded like something out of Curb your Enthusiasm.

Agreed, surely they should have some procedure for high level athletes to fast track them.

Hope he gets on the Boston card and I completely agree that he is really being overlooked, I honestly think he could be a contender as his boxing is unbelievably crisp, he has a very solid chin and he has shown that he is an entertaining fighter. I'm sure that Andy is working a lot on his wrestling and ground game and he has some good guys to work with in Ryano.

Would love to see him fight Pickett again with a full camp or even have a go at creepy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

I checked their website and the doctor seems right in that they dont do x-rays but i believe he was initially told on the phone they did. So im not sure why he paid the €160. Also not sure what ''I was told it wasn’t their policy to x-ray people’s ribs'' means. Either they have an x-ray facility or they dont. Maybe it was Neils phraseology otherwise it sounds like they can pick and choose who they want to x-ray!.
    Its Santry sports surgery clinic in Northwood where he needed to go. Too late now though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,603 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

califano wrote: »
    I checked their website and the doctor seems right in that they dont do x-rays but i believe he was initially told on the phone they did. So im not sure why he paid the €160. Also not sure what ''I was told it wasn’t their policy to x-ray people’s ribs'' means. Either they have an x-ray facility or they dont. Maybe it was Neils phraseology otherwise it sounds like they can pick and choose who they want to x-ray!.
    Its Santry sports surgery clinic in Northwood where he needed to go. Too late now though.

https://www.vhi.ie/swiftcare/

At the bottom of that page it says they do x-rays for 95 euro. In their lidt of services they include sports injuries.

Would have made no difference to the end result, but shocking service none the less.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,944 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Hope he gets fighting soon as i have a 200Euro bet wit him that Utd will finish higher in the PL than Liverpool, easy money :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Frankly my dear

The VHI, clowns. But why am I not shocked by that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭RoboRat

Neil Seery will be fighting on the Stockholm card in January against highly rated Chris Beal 10-0 (2-0 UFC). Going to be a tough match for Neil but if he keeps the fight on the feet, I think he will win.

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Neil-Seery-to-Square-Off-Against-Chris-Beal-at-UFC-on-Fox-14-in-Sweden-78343

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3 The Cyborgs

I thought he beat Brad "One Punch" Pickett

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

Seery's tweets are funny sometimes. "Kids getting **** all this year" :pac:

Neil 2 Tap Seery @NeilSeeryMMA · 14h 14 hours ago There goes my bet kids getting **** all this year
    0 replies 5 retweets 23 favorites

Advertisement