Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favorite fighter entrance

Options
  • 12-10-2014 8:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭

I suppose Wandy would be a lot of peoples favorite for its

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

I like this one

• Registered Users Posts: 6,314 ✭✭✭xtal191

Any of Genki Sudo's ridiculous entrances

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭BeepBeep!

+1 for Sudo...not to be a fanboy, but love Sineads version of Foggy Dew for McGregors entrance, but not a fan of the second part.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Dancor

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Dancor

How could I forget this one, the best Ive seen live.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,530 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

You can't beat Mayhem's entrances in Dream & Strikeforce.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,224 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

If Akihiro Gono's fighting was as good as his entrances, he'd be the p4p king.

UFC 89
    UFC89 entrance: http://youtu.be/q8sTk6srRqI

UFC 94
    Akihiro Gono Makes for One Pretty Lady...: http://youtu.be/PZ-PPObggms

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

For me, it has to be Paddy's entrance at UFC Dublin. It was my first UFC event and the place went ****ing mental when he came out. Macklemore's Ten Thousand Hours echoed in the background but the crowd... mother of God.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Has to be genki sudo, there are hilight reels of just his entrances

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭JacksonHeightsOwn

im an old school man.

Before the first UFC was shown on Irish tv, Sky Sports did a one hour highlight show for a few weeks to promote the sport.

It was Hughes Vs Newton, "The Brawl in Albert Hall", wow, 2002.

Anyway, i was totally against this "barbaric sport", but decided to watch one of these highlight shows, just to reaffirm my distaste for this "blood sport".

What transpired was a 1 hour special on the then current Light Heavyweight Champion Tito Ortiz, and from the first ring entrance, i was totally hooked!!!!

Slag Tito all you want, but the guy really did drag the UFC into the mainstream by the scruff of the neck.

Here's the entrance they showed

Tito vs Elvis Sinosic

In todays world its a bit cheesy, but for back then, it was perfect :D

Another one was Tito vs Ken Shamrock. Not the silly rematchs, but the first one. Epic fight!!!!

Into the modern era id have to go with GSP in his rematch with Matt Serra. Id generally only stay up for GSP fights after the Tito age and watching this at 5 in the morning just gave me goosebumps, it still does.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

1st fight I seen was Robbie Lawler V Tiki, hook since sadly last couple of years the excitement is gone from MMA and tbf I was no Mcgregor fan but not I am he has injected hype into MMA

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

dave1982 wrote: »
    sadly last couple of years the excitement is gone from MMA and tbf I was no Mcgregor fan but not I am he has injected hype into MMA

This is probably for another thread but I think the issue here is that the UFC in particular has way too many shows on all too frequently.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭abstrakt82

i can't post links yet, but all of Prince Naseem Hameds entrances were quality.

at the other end of the spectrum i like Badr Haris entrances circa 2008-2009 because he seemed to have such a relaxed intensity about him. Almost like he wasn't there. but then when it came to the fight, he clearly was

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Package

Devastator wrote: »
    I like this one

Kinda awesome is right

• Registered Users Posts: 23,841 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

the song and the excitement brock brought to the division made this the perfect walkout music for me

http://youtu.be/_7gETYU33Uk

like the matt hughes one also, grew on me given he seemed to be at the top for a very long time

Advertisement