Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No previous loans and mortgage

Options
  • 14-09-2014 9:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭

When applying for a mortgage, if someone never had a loan in their life before but had S/O's going into savings accounts.

Would the fact that the person never had a loan before affect their chances of getting a mortgage ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

If you can show regular savings then not having a loan doesn't matter. I never had a smaller loan before I was approved for my mortgage.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Jim Simmental

Thanks bee06 that's good to know.

No need for me to take out a pointless loan so.

Anyone else in the same boat?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

It can be useful to show a history of being responsible with credit, but it isn't essential :)

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭SBarrett

If you never had a loan before, you won't show up on the Irish Credit Bureau. Ireland isn't like the US where they have credit ratings. You are only marked down if you have a bad credit history.

You need to show a regular savings pattern with an ability to repay the stressed tested mortgage rates (rent is allowed here) and a certain amount of net disposable income after the mortgage is paid.

You do also need your deposit and other costs as well.

Steven

Advertisement