Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IT CARLOW GYM

Options
  • 31-08-2014 12:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭

Hi guys, what does the gym in IT Carlow consist off? Is there a sauna / steam room? How much is it for students for the year? Any info is much appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

Hi there,

the gym itself should cost 60-70 euro for the year for students. You will need your student card to register your details and for entry to the gym itself. You will see in the youtube clip below, some of the facilities in both gyms. The main gym and the high performance gym (high performance is usually restricted to GAA/rugby/soccer courses, some of the science based courses and students approved to use it for athletics etc) are on the first floor, with the locker rooms and sauna/steam room across the hall. If you're only using the main gym, it will have treadmills, cross trainers, some weights machines, benches, a weightlifting platform, free weights and dip/pull up stations with a foam rolling/stretching area also (this is what I can remember off the top of my head).

Hope this is enough info to go on for the moment. The gym really is top class and worth every cent. It should be open from 8am to 9 or 10pm Mon-Fri.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭LoveLamps

I want to join the gym where is it? Will it be open Monday? I know nothing about the college.. Never been. Going into 1st yr

The gym is in the Barrow Centre, just outside the main building (when walking towards the library from the main entrance, looking out the right side windows you'll see it). You can't miss it, there's a big college crest on the wall. The gym is up the stairs and across to the left. Once you have your student card you can register to use and pay straight away. I'm not sure if they will be open right away but if not, it won't be long until they are.

One more thing, the lockers are controlled by 4 digit pin number so you won't need your own lock, just be sure to remember the pin and locker number or you'll need a staff member to open it for you :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,263 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

I think they stay open all year round?

I think they stay open all year round?
    Oops! Forgot to type up the rest of that!

They are open from 7am to 10pm Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm Sat and closed Sundays. Most days of the year they are open, with special timetables I believe for the easter, summer and xmas periods.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,263 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

I joined in January a couple of years ago, they wouldn't let me pay for the remaining college months nor freeze it during the summer. Which was nice of them...

That's really nice of them alright! I joined in January two years ago and had to pay :p

Well ya know what I mean, they should do half year deals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Awkward Badger

Well ya know what I mean, they should do half year deals.

Pretty sure they did that last January. €30 or something I think it was for the "new years resolution special".

Pretty sure they did that last January. €30 or something I think it was for the "new years resolution special".

Yeah they must have copped it, sure it must be the busiest month of the year and they wanted to charge for the summer. Makes sense to do a New Years special.

• Advertisement

Makes perfect sense to do it that way. Sure everyone benefits who wants to join after xmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭HoggyRS

Are apprentices on block phase in Carlow IT allowed To join/use the college gym?

HoggyRS wrote: »
    Are apprentices on block phase in Carlow IT allowed To join/use the college gym?

Do ye get a student card? You need it for access to the gym, otherwise I dunno.

Advertisement