Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Postgraduate Registration

• 07-09-2015 10:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,123 ✭✭✭✭

How do I get access to email, moodle and all that set up? I cant get a clear answer from anyone.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭eeguy

I'm in the same boat.
    Doing a part time course.
    According to the college I'm starting either next Tuesday or next Thursday.

No info about email, student cards or anything. The whole thing is a joke.

I called today and was just told to be available to come to Waterford next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 421 ✭✭invara

Your course director and school secretary are the points of contact for registry issues. At the moment the registry office is bulk processing undergraduates which means PG and PT learners will take a few days. Once you are registered you will get a id and password for email, drop into the card office to get your WITCard (some course directors organise their students to visit the office together).

About 9,000 students descend on WIT this week, please be patient as they work to get everyone settled in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭eeguy

I know they're busy but its unprofessional to not even send out emails telling PG and PT students what's happening and what date we can expect to get registered.

It's a pain in the ass to have to call the offices to find out basic information that would have been emailed to undergrads a month ago.

People have to plan their lives and work around the timetable. Not getting answers until the week you start is a disgrace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭a fat guy

I think it's more of a third level postgrad thing than a WIT thing. I did my undergrad in WIT and did a few masters modules through the skillsmatter initiative, and they were both pretty messy at times. The masters stuff was really "on the fly" though, with mass emails being sent out to lists of people where not all recipients needed to get the email (Leading to confusion) and a module sign-up that was so straight-forward that you'd be forgiven for thinking that they must have missed something.

I mean, I'm going to UCD now for a masters and I didn't get a welcoming pack or anything of the sort, while my house mate (Starting an undergrad) got a welcome pack explaining everything weeks ago. I had to figure out how to get a student card and a leap card by myself, since no-one even mentioned that they were sending me one and I've gotten plenty of emails that just weren't meant for me (Again, causing confusion). No tours of the campus seem to exist for me either, as the only one I found removed me from the tour once they found out I wasn't an international student (I have no idea why they'd have one for international students, but not for national students), but there you go.

It's a bit of a shock to the system if you're coming out of secondary school where everything is handed to you, or even an undergrad where things are more organised. Postgrad courses seem to be just that bit messier for everyone involved. So yeah, definitely don't pin this one on WIT, as I think that this is a specific problem with postgrad courses across Ireland.

Advertisement