Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Irish Traditional Musicians WANTED to Form a BAND/GROUP

Options
  • 29-09-2011 3:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

]Hi all,
    I am looking to set up a young new talented Irish traditional music group (18-35) to work and start gigging with throughout the country.

We will need:
    A few good melody players Fiddle/Box/Whistle/Pipes/Flute......

A good accompanist on either Guitar/Bouzouki/Bodhran/Keyboard (or all!)

And a possibly a singer

I play tenor banjo, mandolin, guitar and a few other instruments. I have a degree in music and have lots of experience in gigging and performing.

The plan is to form a unique professional sounding traditional group/band that will suit for pub gigs and also the concert hall(and make money doing it!). Musicians must be willing to work hard and practice together. This could be a great opportunity for musicians interested.

Please email me if you are interested, I am based in Co. Kildare but would be willing to travel.

Irishd_180@hotmail.com
    David

If any group/band is looking for new musicians also contact me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24 myshka

im a singer.. do mostly planxty, andy and paul, dolores keane, john faulkner some sweeneys men, dubliners, clannad, the bothy band, anne briggs and recently getting into some scottish folk.
    based in dublin city

Advertisement