Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Emmerdale the best soap in my opinion

• 18-05-2011 3:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭

I dont know about the rest of you folks,but im not going to lie.i love emmerdale

its an excellent soap,by far the best.

corrie,eastenders,fair city they dont come close.

those recent awards,where corrie won best award for the tram crash what a load of nonsense that entire scene looked like something from the airplane movies.its only right danny miller got the award for best actor.

No Emmerdaale it is,best soap,best characters (esp dingles) best storylines

Best Writers too .... (a big thank you to the late Gavin Blyth also)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭pooch90

Completely agree (although don't watch Fair City). The only soap that rivals it is Ros na Rún. Corrie has gone boring and Enders is just ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭tommmy

Yipee...thank you for replying i thought this thread was'nt gonna get any posts.

yeah completely agree with your above post,corrie is boring and pretty ridiculous,and they just bring chracters back with no real story (for e.g. they bring tracy back as of a way of string things up but they didnt really give us a great reason why she was released) it kinda annoys me

Nope it cant compare with the dales although i am a little concerned as there is alot of characters leaving in the next few months,but i think their only minor characters...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Emmerdale is the most consistent soap imo, it's fairly steady and rarely gets as dull as the other soaps.

God only knows how Eastenders always wins soap of the year...

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭tommmy

Emmerdale is the most consistent soap imo, it's fairly steady and rarely gets as dull as the other soaps.

eastenders so depressing...yeah i have no idea how they get that award...every yr i might add

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

I'll come in to argue against. I feel its not up too much. Often get the impression that all that invoicing will never get done. I don't watch it all that much but don't see much difference between it and other soaps. Less to do about Rural life and more about urban life. There is always someone in the background shot prying into whats happening.

But don't forget it based on The Riordans

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

tommmy wrote: »
    Best Writers too .... (a big thank you to the late Gavin Blyth also)

Gavin Blyth obviously named Karl Kings children , his own son and daughter are called Thomas and Anya.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,504 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Yes I agree it is the most consistently decent soap and the acting especially from the likes of Lisa, Aaron and Jackson is superb

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭pooch90

Was shocked that Jackson wasn't even mentioned in Soap Awards (for either best actor or sexiest male)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

pooch90 wrote: »
    Was shocked that Jackson wasn't even mentioned in Soap Awards (for either best actor or sexiest male)

I was shocked too- he has been amazing over the last few months.
    It's very disappointing that Eastenders win every year... although Carol's reaction to Billy's death was fantastically done.

Emmerdale has so much humour in it too :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 183 ✭✭tinyjiney

I'm hating the new theme music already though ....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

tinyjiney wrote: »
    I'm hating the new theme music already though ....

Oh totally. It's so noisey or something. Way too plingy!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Bingles

I totally respect that it is your opinion but that Jackson story is doing my brain in. I am finding it long boring and drawn out.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Proview

nope its gotta be corrie:):)

Advertisement