Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Portable hotspot that roams between selected networks only?

Options
  • 14-10-2015 9:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hi,
    I currently have a Huawei E586 portable hotspot with a pay-monthly 3 IRL SIM. I spend a lot of time travelling to and fro between the Republic and Northern Ireland. The great thing about 3 is that I can select 3 UK while in the North and it doesn't cost me any more money than it does at home (Three Like Home, they call it).
    However it's a pain in the holio, having to switch between 3 IRL and 3 UK manually every time I cross the border. On my E586 that's a complicated process that I won't bore you with.
    But if I switch the modem to automatic network selection, I could end up on o2 UK or Vodafone UK and that costs money (god forbid!)

Can anyone recommend a portable hotspot that will:
    1. allow me to configure a list of preferred networks (3 IRL, 3 UK)
    2. allow the device to automatically roam, but only between networks that are in my preferred list?

Any suggestions gratefully received. Thanks!

Advertisement