Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water Meter Installation

Options
  • 15-05-2014 12:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭

Hi - having seen a few being installed and the half arse tarmacadam job to patch up afterwards on a previously concreted pavement, I have a question. Are Irish water obliged to replace concrete with concrete? Particularly in a private estate that is not maintained by the council?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,852 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

In my estate, the only meters they installed were where they were going in to concrete - anyone with a tarmaced or stone drive has, so far, been left without one. They are definitely meant to match the material.

I'd suggest moaning at them via their website contact form as they do respond.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

Hi - having seen a few being installed and the half arse tarmacadam job to patch up afterwards on a previously concreted pavement, I have a question. Are Irish water obliged to replace concrete with concrete? Particularly in a private estate that is not maintained by the council?
    This could be temporary reinstatement, they will be back to finish in concrete

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭micosoft

They put tarmac down temporarily to settle the subsoil. If they put in concrete immediately it would crack as the soil has not settled/compacted. So it's temporary. This is normal...

Advertisement