Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Engine whine noise coming from stereo

Options
  • 28-12-2013 8:12pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I have a 2001 Audi TT Quattro. A while back I swapped out the standard Bose system to a Pioneer head unit. I had to get a special kit so it connected up properly at the back, installed it and it was all fine and worked perfectly for months. So recently the radio was having difficulty finding any channels, even in the centre of Dublin. A friend had a look at it and took out a small part which was not needed, and it was perfect. All fixed.

However, a while later, I put on my rear window defroster and suddenly I can hear a whine coming through the speakers, which goes up and down with the engine noise. I heard the radio antenna is built into the rear window so that would make sense. My mate said he has come across this before and its a pain to fix.

Any idea what I should do - or who could fix this for me?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭nerrad1983

You should get in touch with Mds out in Palmerstown

Brendan is who you are looking for 0872384394

Great company tbh and im sure he will sort out your problem

• Registered Users Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭topcatcbr

I think the power supply has to be passed through a hollow magnet and wrapped around it a couple of times. I had this problem years ago.

I don't know what it's called but I have seen it a few times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭SleeperService

topcatcbr wrote: »
    I think the power supply has to be passed through a hollow magnet and wrapped around it a couple of times. I had this problem years ago.

I don't know what it's called but I have seen it a few times.

Ferrite choke.
    Im guessing thats exactly what was removed!

Advertisement