Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shamrock Rovers FC Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Should be interesting to hear how the crowd is in Tallaght tonight. If Rovers can pick up the crowds and keep them up, it could drift to other clubs over time, and be great for football here.

Of course, if it's just flash-in-the-pan interest...

Hard to look past Rovers (not the Sligo variety) for the win tonight, or so my wallet is trying to tell me! :pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Töpher wrote: »
    Should be interesting to hear how the crowd is in Tallaght tonight. If Rovers can pick up the crowds and keep them up, it could drift to other clubs over time, and be great for football here.

It's sold out with over 2,000 season tickets already sold. Talking to one of the guys in the office and they reckon they could have sold it 10 times over and it's not until the second stand is open that tickets will be freely available.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Lads a complete long shot here but if anyone hears of two tickets going around then could they please PM me? Four were put away for me at the office, got there today and there was only two in the envelope so unless there's a miracle I'll be drawing straws for which of my mates to bring tomorrow =/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

Well I'm hoping for an early birthday present from the boys tonight. I have the ticket in my wallet but sadly won't be there tonight. When it was down for a Saturday match it was fine, but as the birthday is tomorrow the wife booked dinner for tonight.

Hopefully it won't be a flash in the pan job but I've heard a couple of odd remarks this week. I know quite a lot of people who are going purely because its the first game in the new stadium. Heres hoping they see what its like to be part of it and stay on board but I fear there will be a lot there like this that will drift away over the weeks.

Also two pats fans that live in Tallaght that I work with have said they will pretty much go to all the rovers games they can. Not because they are converting to Rovers fans but because they live close by and can now see LOI on a much more regular basis. Strange one that but I say fine, they are giving our club some cash!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Rovers' first proper "home" game in a million years, and you're going for "dinner" with your "wife"?

Women come and go man, football will always be there.

Jaysis, get your priorities right would you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,475 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Des wrote: »
    Rovers' first proper "home" game in a million years, and you're going for "dinner" with your "wife"?

What he said!!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭TheBigLebowski

Too right. It is his bithday after all, I wouldn't mind (maybe) if it was hers...surely you can change the booking.

Anyway hoping for a win, also hoping for a good spectacle. I'm sure the atmosphere will be excellent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭dcr22B

Just want to wish everyone associated with the long protracted drama, the very best of luck this evening (coming from an admittedly fairweather Bohs fan). It's been a long time coming!

Hopefully, this good news story will inspire some public interest into the LOI as all the pundits seem to think it's going to be another year of doom and gloom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Voltwad wrote: »
    Hopefully it won't be a flash in the pan job but I've heard a couple of odd remarks this week. I know quite a lot of people who are going purely because its the first game in the new stadium. Heres hoping they see what its like to be part of it and stay on board but I fear there will be a lot there like this that will drift away over the weeks.
    !

Numbers could drop if we don't hit the ground running, but the other positives are still there. It's the next generation of Tallaght kids we want in the stand - and on the pitch.
    Lads a complete long shot here but if anyone hears of two tickets going around then could they please PM me?
    iregk wrote: »
    I have the ticket in my wallet but sadly won't be there tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Yep, think it's time for an intervention here. The most important game in the history of Rovers and you'll be making small talk with the missus over poorly cooked steak, cheap wine and soggy chips?

I have the ticket in my wallet but sadly won't be there tonight.

PM'd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,898 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

All the best tonight. Looking forward to seeing some pics tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭SectionF

I have the ticket in my wallet but sadly won't be there tonight. When it was down for a Saturday match it was fine, but as the birthday is tomorrow the wife booked dinner for tonight.

Wow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

From my house the other day I saw huge flood lights, so like Batman to a crime scene I hopped in the car and went up to check it out !

Stadium looks great :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭shepthedog

Heading along tonight and really looking forward to it.. Good to see the LOI generating some interest and hope it transfers around the league..
    Will have some photos up on flickr later if anyone is interested...

Lets hope the both Rovers give the fans a good game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Dave! wrote: »
    From my house the other day I saw huge flood lights, so like Batman to a crime scene I hopped in the car and went up to check it out !

Stadium looks great :)

Do you think you'll get to a game at any stage?

WE'RE GOING HOME

I'm actually so excited

Also two pats fans that live in Tallaght that I work with have said they will pretty much go to all the rovers games they can. Not because they are converting to Rovers fans but because they live close by and can now see LOI on a much more regular basis. Strange one that but I say fine, they are giving our club some cash!

Pretty bizarre seeing as the Luas is well handy for Tallaght - Inchicore. Maybe they intend to do Friday and Saturday nights.

stovelid wrote: »
    Pretty bizarre seeing as the Luas is well handy for Tallaght - Inchicore. Maybe they intend to do Friday and Saturday nights.

that was actually me that said that stove!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I was goign to start going to games. Then I saw they were playing Sat evenings so didnt get a season ticket. Then I missed this being a Friday game. End result = no tickets.

Might just go down to Watergate park and watch the game fromt he hill.:)

Des , just for you a load of us can make it into a Terrace.:DMight not be able to see one of the goals over the school mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭elshambo

anyone know where i might see this in a pub in the Putney/Fulham area of that london?:p:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 523 ✭✭✭mwrf

It's streaming live on the rte website if that's any use?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭elshambo

stebishop wrote: »
    It's streaming live on the rte website if that's any use?

ya that might be best

Chinese from last night not sitting too well and all that:(

Jasas the pints over here are fear foul!:eek::rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭Craft25

jus back from the shops... bleedin noise of them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

HELLO
    HELLO
    ROVERS ARE BACK
    ROVERS ARE BACK
    :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 829 ✭✭✭pokerface_me

Have to say guys the atmosphere in Tallaght last night was brilliant, and fair play to the Sligo fans, they were in great form last night. Rovers played some great stuff considering the swirling wind, the ground seems really exposed to the elements. Got a pitch side seat with my season ticket for myself and my Daughter, and the best part was when the turnstiles opened my daughter walked through and the media were all over her, the first fan ever to set foot in the Tallaght stadium, proud father today. Well i'm off to buy the Saturday papers and find that picture.

Looking forward to the Bohs away next week, then Derry come to Tallaght to sample the atmosphere.

Cheers Steven.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

The Rovers midfield lived up to the billing anyway. They were all excellent. Ollie Cahill wasn't even mentioned as a contender for motm (the other 3 were) but I thought he was brilliant. He can be a bit hit and miss in beating players but most of what he did last night came off and did very well to set up the 2nd. I thought Madden had a really good game at right back too. It's impossible to judge Twigg is as that Sligo defence was a shambles at times but that was very good thinking to take the shot on for his goal. He knew he had the better of the Sligo defender.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Do you think you'll get to a game at any stage?
    Yeah will take my oul lad to a few

BTW could hear everything that happened in last night's game, from anywhere in Tallaght :D

• Advertisement

Maldron HQ is gonna be a ritual from now on =] Atmosphere there was incredible, great buzz. The match was surreal, felt amazing to be there. Managed to get a photo into the Times this morning with my mate Alex so I was delighted too, also I was apparently well visable after Baker's goal . Media Whore haha

Maldron HQ is gonna be a ritual from now on

You can only imagine what the hotel management made of it all - bar and lobby jammed with hundreds of chanting beer monsters. :D

I'd say the no-doubt astronomical takings eased the pain though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭Craft25

What's the half time facilities like inside the stadium lads?

Also what did that off side goal look like from inside? anyone have a good angle, i thought he was very tight with the left centre back, but the camera angles were shoite!

I hate the way ya can't judge them things on RTE's cameras =/

Half time facilities are grand, plenty of toilets, food is okay (could do with a few sweets, bars etc) but i'm sure it'll be even better by summer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Craft25 wrote: »
    Also what did that off side goal look like from inside? anyone have a good angle, i thought he was very tight with the left centre back, but the camera angles were shoite!
    If RTE froze the picture it would have helped. I thought he looked onside.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭Dante

Are they doing anything with two empty spaces behind each goal or are they just leaving it like that?

• Advertisement

I hate the way ya can't judge them things on RTE's cameras =/

Half time facilities are grand, plenty of toilets, food is okay (could do with a few sweets, bars etc) but i'm sure it'll be even better by summer

No Burdocks?:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Are they doing anything with two empty spaces behind each goal or are they just leaving it like that?

temp stand going on other side soon.

I dont see the SDCC needing to put in anymore stands not until rovers dominate the champions league anyway :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Hard Worker

dreamers75 wrote: »
    temp stand going on other side soon.

:P

It's not a temporary stand. It will be a permanent structure. The foundation is ready and the construction will start on Monday week. It's an 18 week build so should be ready by the end of July.

It's not a temporary stand. It will be a permanent structure. The foundation is ready and the construction will start on Monday week. It's an 18 week build so should be ready by the end of July.

How many will it hold?

Opposite the existing stand and backing onto the school I assume?

the plans in SDCC offices has a temp stand near idential to whats at pats perm foundation but the seating is temp.

could have changed been a while since i was there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Hard Worker

Stekelly wrote: »
    How many will it hold?

Opposite the existing stand and backing onto the school I assume?

Yes, opposite the existing stand. Capacity of just over 3000.

the plans in SDCC offices has a temp stand near idential to whats at pats perm foundation but the seating is temp.

could have changed been a while since i was there.
    They have. Its a permanent structure.

CiaranC wrote: »
    They have. Its a permanent structure.

god bless the SDCC so and little timmy

god bless the SDCC so and little timmy

Tier the bastard I say. Lets get a 30,000 all seater bowl going. Start digging down like barce did.:)

"If you build it, they will come"

Stekelly wrote: »
    Tier the bastard I say. Lets get a 30,000 all seater bowl going. Start digging down like barce did.:)

"If you build it, they will come"
    Amusingly, the foundations were built strong enough for a second tier :)

Getting a little ahead of ourselves though

Shamrock Rovers 2 - Sligo Rovers 1 from SRFCTV

http://vimeo.com/3725520

Well its wednesday and I'm getting to post this now as the past few days have been somewhat of a blur to me. Saturday being the big 30 and dinner booked for the friday night!

As it turned out dinner was cancelled and I went to the game instead :) Savage athmosphere and as the match kicked off and a load of us sang "were not homeless anymore" I actually had a tear in the eye. Thought that day would never come.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭TheBigLebowski

As it turned out dinner was cancelled and I went to the game instead :)

I knew common sense would prevail.

A great occasion with brilliant atmosphere. And not forgetting 3 points!

Bring on the Bohs...

Re: Friday - I see Rovers have to wear the pink first.

And just to get in the mood:

pig1.jpg

:D

I'm leaving work in 5 mins and planning on heading to Tallaght Stadium (pass through on teh way home anyway) to pick up the new jersey. Just got a txt from a mate who's just got it, €75!!!!

Has anyone else been out there and is he for real?

• Advertisement
Advertisement