Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Overloaded?

• 31-10-2012 8:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hello folks, just had a fun evening today on the BE bus service from Galway to Limerick. I waited around for the 51 from the city (Cork Bus) it pulls up at the college and the driver springs out saying another bus is coming in 5 minutes because the bus was "almost full". This is common enough and 80% of the time it is a flat out lie and you are stuck waiting in the cold for another hour. Today though was an exception. 10 minutes later a bus pulls up and the 5 or 6 that were previously abandoned including myself got on. The driver was sound out. I couldn't fault him on his attitude until he stopped the bus in Clarinbridge and said he wasn't going any further. He then claimed that we were to wait there 5minutes for the bus that we passed (which we never passed). We then had to wait for an hour in the cold short of our stop. Anyone else have a similiar experience? Is this worth emailing BE at all about? I'm pretty sickened at the shambles of it taking 1 hour and 40 minutes to get to my destination which is usually 25 minutes away.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,084 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

The 2nd bus that came, what destination sign did it have on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 acousticguy

Cork also. We were a catch up bus that caught up with nothing :D. I know the driver was probably pulled out to do this route and claimed he had another run to do. I can't fault that driver but either he was given misinformation or told us a lie. When we stopped he rang the other bus driver who apparently told him he was 5 minutes behind. If I had a penny for every time I heard the "5 minute" excuse I'd be up a few pennys :). He was quite polite though. That 5 minutes behind was about 40 minutes easily.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Tarabuses

Cork also. We were a catch up bus that caught up with nothing :D. I know the driver was probably pulled out to do this route and claimed he had another run to do. I can't fault that driver but either he was given misinformation or told us a lie. When we stopped he rang the other bus driver who apparently told him he was 5 minutes behind. If I had a penny for every time I heard the "5 minute" excuse I'd be up a few pennys :). He was quite polite though. That 5 minutes behind was about 40 minutes easily.

Yes, but he still put you out on the road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

definately you should complain...really u shouldn't have got off the bus until the other one showed up, imho

What annoys me is being told a bus will show in 5 minutes when it isn't coming and in fact you're just waiting one hour for the next one. I would rather be told straight out so I could spend that hour comfortably studying instead of waiting anxiously for a bus to turn the corner and pick me up.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

I find the whole thing quite odd, the first bus to cork stopped and told you he was "almost full," there's still seats. Why the hell not pick up passengers that are waiting?

If there was a relief bus following to collect extra passengers, surely he could grab'em from the stops the first guy couldn't.

If there was a relief bus following to collect extra passengers, surely he could grab'em from the stops the first guy couldn't.

That's what I was told. We somehow passed the bus that was "almost full". We stopped and the driver rang the other driver who apparently told him we were just ahead of him and he would be there any minute which never happened.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Complain to Bus Éireann and to the NTA. No point complaining here.

Advertisement