Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Razor Question

Options
  • 10-11-2011 2:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

Just wondering are all the Gillette Fusion blades interchangeable, basically,, I have a fusion power blade, can I put regular fusion blades on it or fusion proglide. There seems to be a bit of a price difference between the three and just wondering if any one has tried any of the incorrect blades on their razor.

I'm sick of paying through the nose for razor blades

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

disposable bic razors are all i ever use.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭paulmclaughlin

^ Real helpful ^

I have a Gillette Fusion Stealth and ordinary Fusion razor fit fine too.

So yes, I assume so.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Zombienosh wrote: »
    disposable bic razors are all i ever use.

I used the Gillette Mac and other astronomically priced razors for a long time but was stuck one day so had to use a bic disposable and to be honest it is just as good as the expensive ones and a small fraction of the price, so I have used them since. Also with the bic I don't get the tugging that the Gillette had.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭BigDuffman

In an effort to address your question as per thread title (as opposed to talking about being a big lad and using face tearing disposables...).

Everything with the word fusion on it is interchangeable on account of the joint being the same on all fusions.

I have not used a pro-glide so not 100% but I'd say they are same. As they use Fusion in their title.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

One of my friends was telling me a good while ago about some device which allows you to sharpen/maintain blades - he swears by it.

The gadget is a Razor Pit Blade Sharpener.

Edit. - There was a thread in Bargain Alerts a couple of years ago and it got good feedback from the lads there.

Has anyone else tried this?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

BigDuffman wrote: »
    In an effort to address your question as per thread title (as opposed to talking about being a big lad and using face tearing disposables...).

Apologies Duffman. I didn't realise you were going to respond to this thread. Obviously noone elses opinion is needed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭BigDuffman

Not a problem Pawwed, sure just doing my bit to help answer the question regarding the interchangability of fusion blades..

That razor pit looks like a great idea Dilallio. Would it work with 4 bladed razors?

Advertisement