Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House Masters MK

Options
  • 27-10-2011 5:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭

For me the greatest ever remixer in the history of House music im absolutely delighted to see him back and this is a must have album.

One of the most referenced producers of the last year, MK aka Marc Kinchen presents a sublime collection of his work – much of which has been previously unavailable digitally – with the latest in the House Masters series.
    During the halcyon period of house music in the early 90s, Marc Kinchen became one of the genre’s most respected producers and in-demand remixes. Starting out at an incredibly young age in Detroit as a protégé of Techno god Kevin Saunderson before later moving to New York, he fast became a prolific figure in the dance music community.
    “I don’t think I ever DJed a set without at least playing 1 MK track.” Kerri Chandler
    Responsible for creating some of the defining sounds and biggest tracks of the early house era he has achieved latter day success with some of the biggest international artists from Snoop Dogg and Jay-Z to Rihanna and Beyonce, but has also retained near unprecedented levels of credibility within the underground dance music scene, with records such as ‘Burning’, ‘4 You’ or ‘Push The Feeling On’ remaining staples in the wallets and boxes of house DJs the world over. Through his timeless productions, MK has influenced a new generation of producer, with the result that his sound is more relevant today than it ever has been.
    "MK is a true innovator and originator, a pioneer of true deep house. Todd Edwards was playing a few of his classic tunes at the Ministry on Saturday and they still sounded wicked" Felix (Basement Jaxx)
    By diversifying his sound, MK effortlessly straddles both commercial and underground arenas. His tracks are played by both long established DJs like Todd Terry and Masters at Work as well as the new breed of contemporary DJs. Ask Soul Clap, Maya Jane Coles or Jamie Jones and they will all agree that MK is the epitome of that classic 90s sound that many contemporary DJs strive to recreate.
    “'Push The Feeling' is the most obvious MK remix to mention, but that's why it's had such an impact on my DJ life. MK's 'The Dub of Doom' always works on any dancefloor... probably anywhere in the universe.” Eli (Soul Clap)
    House Masters MK is your chance to pick up 20 of his most influential recordings, made available completely unedited, unmixed and DJ friendly for the very first time. No less than nine of the tracks included are previously vinyl-only classics, including 4th Measure Men 'Given' (MK Dub) and MK re-rub of Captain Hollywood 'Rhythm Of Life' (MK 12” Mix).
    Defected presents House Masters MK is out 21st November
    Tracklist:
    CD1
    1. MK ‘Burning’ (Vibe Mix)
    2. Chez Damier ‘Can You Feel It’ (New York Dub)
    3. MK featuring Alana ‘Always’ (MK Club Mix)
    4. 4th Measure Men ‘Given’ (MK Dub)
    5. New Girl Posse ‘Higher’ (MK Vocal Dub)
    6. R Tyme ‘Use Me’ (MK Mix)
    7. LaTrece ‘I Want To Thank You’ (MK Mix)
    8. MK ‘You Brought Me Love’
    9. Studio Apartment featuring Yasmeen Sulieman ‘Sun Will Shine’ (MK Dub)
    10. 4th Measure Men ‘The Need’ (MK’s Original Mix)
    CD2
    1. 4th Measure Men ‘4 You’
    2. The Reese Project ‘The Colour Of Love’ (MK Deep Dub)
    3. Masters At Work featuring India ‘I Can’t Get No Sleep’ (MK Dub Mix)
    4. MK featuring Alana ‘Love Changes’ (MK Mix)
    5. Lauren Flax featuring Sia ‘You’ve Changed’ (MK D-troit Dub)
    6. Chez Damier ‘I Never Knew Love’ (MK Club Mix)
    7. Byron Stingily ‘Love You The Right Way’ (MK Dub)
    8. The Sleepwalkers ‘New Thang’ (MK Dub)
    9. Captain Hollywood ‘Rhythm Of Life’ (MK 12” Mix)
    10. K.E.L.S.E.Y ‘Boy’ (MK Deep Dub)

http://www.defected.com/news-reviews/latest/House+Masters+MK/856

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

And strangely enough his biggest remix isn't included.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

BaZmO* wrote: »
    And strangely enough his biggest remix isn't included.
    yeah im not sure why it wasn't included, still ill definitely get this.

Advertisement