Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

N Joi. Any info on them?

• 08-07-2011 10:22am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 574 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

According to wikipedia N Joi are still going:

Years active: 1990–1995
    2002 - present.

No sign of any website.

Inside Out is a brillaint album.
    They are more famous for Anthem and Bad Things but the rest of the album is full of absolute belters!!!! :D

Saw them in the Tivoli in 1994, would love to see them again.

Any info on them Folks.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭JCarey70

oldscoil wrote: »
    Hi Folks,

2002 - present.

No sign of any website.

They are more famous for Anthem and Bad Things but the rest of the album is full of absolute belters!!!! :D

Any info on them Folks.

Thanks.

Found these:

https://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=109190295785694

http://www.myspace.com/njoimusic

http://www.ultradj.co.uk

According to their Facebook page:

N-Joi , a legendary dance band that throughout the nineties, had a UK top ten, three top 20 hits, two number 1’s in the U.S.A Billboard Chart and were the initiators of the “keyboard dance band” revered by the likes of The Prodigy and Chemical Brothers.

After a long time away from writing for the band, Mark, Nigel, and Matt, will be releasing a string of new singles, following the re-release of their world wide hit,` Anthem` on the newly revived` Deconstruction Records` (Sony). This will be a build up to an album due for release later in the year, and the boys are also planning to remix all their classic material on a bonus album to feature alongside this release.

Their live sets are legendary, and are in the process of being totally upgraded. They absolutely still rock the crowd every time they play live.

N-Joi DJ as well as play live and quite often combine the two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

oldscoil wrote: »
    Hi Folks,

2002 - present.

No sign of any website.

Any info on them Folks.

Thanks.

N-JOI were my favourite act back then. They changed their style after "The Drumstruck EP" and went more along the house route. I was at the 94 gig in The Tivoli meself, animal gig but too short (11-2). Mark Kavanage wrecked the gaf as well. Do you remember the Irish band that supported them "Hastis" they were called and the were fookin amazing?

I heard they got back together and were still touring the thye UK but doing OldSkool stuff,didn't realise they start producing again. Would love to get them over here again.

Inside Out is one of my post prized possessions, had it on casette, CD and still have in on vinlyl. 2nd track in particular (called Inception I believe) is fantastic as is the original Bad Things (tho the Wink remix is deadly as well.)

I was delighted when Warren dropped Adrenaline at the recent Asylum gig. Track of the night for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

They've done a few remixes the last few years and are still playing at various old skool events throughtout the UK and beyond, i seen them in Brighton a few years ago play an old skool DJ set and they were fantastic.:)

PS- No way i remember that gig in the Tivoli was it 94 i thought it was 95 (the aul memory isn't what it was lol) great gig from what i recall, one of the best ever gigs in the Tivoli was Joey Beltram around 96/97 a serious night that was.

jonnny68 wrote: »
    They've done a few remixes the last few years and are still playing at various old skool events throughtout the UK and beyond, i seen them in Brighton a few years ago play an old skool DJ set and they were fantastic.:)

PS- No way i remember that gig in the Tivoli was it 94 i thought it was 95 (the aul memory isn't what it was lol) great gig from what i recall, one of the best ever gigs in the Tivoli was Joey Beltram around 96/97 a serious night that was.

Definiately 1994 Johnny as it was my FIRST EVER live gig and I was in 5th year in school at the time :D

Do you remember Hastis????? Come on FFS I can't be the ONLY person to remember them. Only for the fact that I also seen them in The Multimedia Centre I'd think it was a double dip strawberry hallucination:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭Andy-Pandy

SteoL wrote: »
    . Do you remember the Irish band that supported them "Hastis" they were called and the were fookin amazing?

Ha ha, i was in Hastis, good times had. Through me out just before these gigs as i didnt do anything really. Rod Morris was the brains behind it and hes still one of my best mates. Makes music for ads and movies now http://www.thesoundbutlers.com/. I wish i still had my Hastis jacket.

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stomprockin

SteoL wrote: »

That track always reminds me of this Nostalgia alert Video :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭brianc27

Advertisement