Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nicky Byrne - ignorant or just plain stupid?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭Bonito

He still hasn't realised the hoxton fin is so 2001.

:confused:

Tomorrows Headlines

"Nicky Byrne trounced on popular online forum for not giving president a standing ovation. How did they get hold of this story before us?" :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,107 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Bonito wrote: »
    :confused:

Tomorrows Headlines

"Nicky Byrne trounced on popular online forum for not giving president a standing ovation. How did they get hold of this story before us?" :rolleyes:

If it's the Indo, they'll invent a crowd of 30,000 demonstrators looking for blood.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

WindSock wrote: »
    Who gives a toss about the president or any other 'dignitary'. No one is more deserving to be treated above or below anyone else.

Couldn't disagree with this more.

No wonder today's society is so fucked.

We have kids smashing bricks into buses, Guards getting treated like shit, Fire and Ambulance men getting stoned trying to their job.

If kids are though that "No one is more deserving to be treated above or below anyone else" then they grow up with a chip on their shoulder, reveling against authority, showing little or no respect for people in holding privileged positions in society.

It's called respect.

ejmaztec wrote: »
    If it's the Indo, they'll invent a crowd of 30,000 demonstrators looking for blood.
    I actually originally was going to put "Tomorrows Indo headline" :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

We are all equal, doesn't mean you shouldn't respect the president of your country. No one is asking him to donate his kidneys, just get off his disrepectfull idiot ass for a second. I bet the snivelling little s.hit stands to greet simon cowell!

Simon Cowell probably has more power than Mary McAleese to be fair, he could probably have you killed with one phone call

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

Crosáidí wrote: »
    You are not showing respect to the person, you are showing respect to the office she holds and to the people who elected her to that office and to the many who died for her to be able to hold that office. :rolleyes:
    Get a grip of yourself!
    when bertie gets in
    i bet he will stand

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

goat2 wrote: »
    when bertie gets in...
    Don't even think that!
    Heaven forbid!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 325 ✭✭Sprouts

Yes we are all equals in this country, we don't have a Monarchy as far as I know. People are getting their knickers in a twist over nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,107 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

goat2 wrote: »
    when bertie gets in
    i bet he will stand

On the gallows, with any luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,190 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Who gives a toss about the president or any other 'dignitary'. No one is more deserving to be treated above or below anyone else.

Why have a VIP stand then?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

OutlawPete wrote: »

If kids are though that "No one is more deserving to be treated above or below anyone else" then they grow up with a chip on their shoulder, reveling against authority, showing little or no respect for people in holding privileged positions in society.

It's called respect.

No they don't, that sounds like the kind of bullsh*t snobbish parents instill in their spoiled brats. If kids are taught that "someone is more deserving to be treated above or below anyone else" they grow up with a sense of entitlement and a belief they should be treated a certain way.

People, not just kids should be taught to treat others as they treat you.

Biggins wrote: »
    Don't even think that!
    Heaven forbid!

Its going to happen.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    No they don't, that sounds like the kind of bullsh*t snobbish parents instill in their spoiled brats. If kids are taught that "someone is more deserving to be treated above or below anyone else" they grow up with a sense of entitlement and a belief they should be treated a certain way..

How has that got anything to do with my point exactly?

Posh kids, are you for real?

I am speaking of positions in society that should come with a level of respect.

I am the first one to say that some sections of society were wrongly treated like Gods in the past - Priests, Doctors etc.

However, to give a Soldier, Guard or the President of your Country a little respect is not too much ask now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭rednik

Normally anybody in the vicinity of a dignitary is made aware of the protocol which this dignitary is entitled to and everybody on the stand would have known. It is nothing to do with Mary McAleese but the office of President of Ireland. Says a lot about a person if you disrespect your own President.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 496 ✭✭bette

I am the first one to say that some sections of society were wrongly treated like Gods - Priests, Doctors etc.

However, to give pay a Soldier, Guard or the President of the Country a little respect is not asking much.

If Ludwig van Beethoven was watching that he wouldn't have stood either. Respect for maestros!

I am the first one to say that some sections of society were wrongly treated like Gods - Priests, Doctors etc.

However, to give pay a Soldier, Guard or the President of the Country a little respect is not asking much.

The respect a person gets should not be in anyway deemed by their profession, more by their actions. A lot of doctors do good work and help people on a daily basis why are they wrongly treated with respect? On the opposite side of the coin a lot of guards feel as if they are in someway priviliged and treat people like sh*t, why do they deserve respect?

Wow wow wow now, I take back my comments .. he does get up :confused:

As far as he could without totally losing control of the kid that is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭TheInquisitor

Lads to be fair they both had their young kids on their laps. Did anyone actually watch the video???

Fail thread/rant for Op? ;)

Fail thread/rant for Op? ;)

And Nicky Byrne is outside my gaff now ffs :mad:

What do I do?? :o

Stand up, go outside and shake his hand. He deserves your respect.

• Advertisement

Errr, ehmmm, bring him in, cuppa tea, show him the 1st couple of posts of the thread ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Praise him for standing up yesterday - then give out to him for standing up every other time and attempting to sing! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

I just watched it on the rte player. Talk about an over reaction! If he threw the child aside then and stood up there'd be more people complaining!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 692 ✭✭✭gleep

Crosáidí wrote: »
    You are not showing respect to the person, you are showing respect to the office she holds and to the people who elected her to that office and to the many who died for her to be able to hold that office. :rolleyes:
    Get a grip of yourself!

DiD she fly in on my tax dollar, by helicopter from phoenix park? When she stops pulling strokes like this she'll DESERVE RESPECT.

All 300 or so guests did stand up - EXCEPT Nicky Bleedin Byrne and his wife Georgina who remained seated with their kids on their laps! Even when the President approached him to greet him (shouldn't that really be the other way around?:confused:) he still remained seated and only managed to raise himself a couple of inches off his seat to 'allow' President McAleese to kiss him. To add insult to injury, he didn't even take off his sunglasses as she approached and the President almost knocked them off his face as she kissed him. How rude can one person be?!!

If you missed it, the incident happened live on TV and the parade coverage is available on the RTE Player - the Presidential arrival is around 6 mins into it iirc.
    Fail.
    He should be tried for treason and executed.
    If this is a joke. Win.
    Win.
    You spend the past 10 years with people (kids are people too remember!) falling over themselves to catch a glimpse of you and you start to believe you must be something special i suppose. She's the f.ucking president, stand up you ill mannered little pox. What a muppet
    Fail. Overreaction.
    We are all equal, doesn't mean you shouldn't respect the president of your country. No one is asking him to donate his kidneys, just get off his disrepectfull idiot ass for a second. I bet the snivelling little s.hit stands to greet simon cowell!
    Fail.
    Seifer wrote: »
    Ignorant twat. With the amount of gardaí on bikes there, you'd think one of them would've smacked him with a leather glove at least.
    Fail.
    Nicky is a cuunt
    Fail.
    He got outta his seat!! Jesus. Talk about a bloody over-reaction. He had a kid in his lap and got up as much as he could. Get over it.
    Win.
    Littleroo wrote: »
    He's an arsehole and he loves himself
    Fail.
    Antbert wrote: »
    Ah I didn't realise you knew him personally.
    Tehehe
    Lads to be fair they both had their young kids on their laps. Did anyone actually watch the video???
    Win.
    jd007 wrote: »
    I just watched it on the rte player. Talk about an over reaction! If he threw the child aside then and stood up there'd be more people complaining!
    Win.

For god's sake, the man stood up as much as he could, they're young kids they've got there on their laps ffs.

OP you really should get a grip. What the hell do you want from him? Hand on heart singing Amhran na bhFiann as she walks by.

For god's sake, the man stood up as much as he could, they're young kids they've got there on their laps ffs.

OP you really should get a grip. What the hell do you want from him? Hand on heart singing Amhran na bhFiann as she walks by.

Lip syncing?

Fail. Overreaction.

Fail.

Fail.

Fail.

Win.

Fail.

Tehehe

Win.

Win.

Like the way I neither 'won' nor 'failed' in your summation.

I slammed the guy and called him a prick and then provided video proof of his innocence, guess I broke even :P

Can't accuse me of sitting on the fence anyway, I'm either on one side or the other.

Usually with a shotgun .. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

FYP:D

Just throwing it out there!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

Ronan O'Gara anyone?

Advertisement