Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Bus - 38/38A Route Info?

Options
  • 25-02-2009 2:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,907 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Are you talking about bused that are heading towards Damastown or heading towards the City Centre?

It's always been that if the buses are heading to the City then they go up Blackcourt Road, both the 38 and the 38A.

If they're heading back towards Damastown then the 38 will head down the Blanchardstown Road, and the 38A will go left down Blackcourt Road and into Castlecurragh.

It's not a driver thing, it's the bus route.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,907 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭J_Dublin15

Would that be the peak ones in the evening that go via Ballycoolin?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Turbulent Bill

-Phuqer- wrote: »
    No I get it at all times of the day and have noticed this. It's a pain because I never know which stop to get off at and where to pick one up.

That's strange, I used to get the 38 and 38A regularly and the routes were always as adrieanne__x described. There aren't any roadworks around at the moment that might cause a temporary diversion either. I'd ask the Phibsboro garage to clarify this if you're unsure, but this has never happened to me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭bazzer

The route you have marked in green is the 38A and operates the same route in and outbound.

The red one is the 38, but there is a difference between the inbound and outbound routing.
    Outbound = after Blackcourt Avenue turns right, then left at ITB roundabout, and straight down to Mulhuddart Village.
    Inbound = straight up from Mulhuddart Village, then right at Castlecurragh Cross to join with the 38A. Both then turn right again into Blackcourt Avenue.

Those departures operating via Ballycoolin bypass Corduff altogether by operating straight along Blanchardstown Road North and Snugborough Road.

By the way, the 38C outbound turns left after Blackcourt Avenue, then right at Castlecurragh Cross, through ITB roundabout and onwards towards Tyrellstown, and vice versa inbound. The quickest service to City Centre is the 38A, then the 38C. The plain 38 is by far the slowest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Used to get this bus in 2004 to work. Got the 38A out to IBM. It seemed to depend on the driver which way it went TBH.

Constant mess ups with passengers arguing with the driver on occassion about the route taken and sometimes the driver would do a 3 point turn in the housing estate and go back out to Ballycoolin and sometimes he'd tell the passengers to fook off leaving the bunch of Symantec workers on the bus late for work.

I also had to give the bus driver directions to IBM once and then tell him where the other drivers usually turn the bus and that it was his last stop.

Another time a bus driver stopped and got everyone off the bus onto another bus and then drove down the motorway. It wasn't broken down and was literally around the corner from the last stop so I don't know why this happened. I guess he was trying to get back on schedule time or something like that.

Fun times :P

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭candlewax

Anyone got an idea how long it takes the 38A to get between endpoints during rush hour?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,311 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

candlewax wrote: »
    Anyone got an idea how long it takes the 38A to get between endpoints during rush hour?

Its like a piece of string, but I'd say 60-70 minutes is the average at rush hour mornings from Damastown to Hawkins St, but 90 minutes isn't unknown on rainy mornings.
    I'd suggest always getting off in O'Connell St at Savoy even if your destination is Hawkins St. And never get the 38.

Obviously if you are going against the flow of rush hour traffic (i.e, working in Damastown) then its probably far quicker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭candlewax

Thansk ArmaniJeanss. Appreciated.

Also, I'd be greatful if anyone could tell me whether the 38A stops at the "Blanchardstown Garda Station (Bypass)". The (great) bus map here paints it as coming off the N3 up the road from the stop itself, which'd indicate it doesn't stop there.

Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 gingerspecs

Help! I'm booked into the Travelodge at the Auburn Avenue Roundabout, Navan Road. Travelodge say to get a 38c from O'Connell St, but Dublin Bus timetable doesn't have a 38c....can anyone help? I'll be landing at Parnell Square...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭doubletrouble?

Help! I'm booked into the Travelodge at the Auburn Avenue Roundabout, Navan Road. Travelodge say to get a 38c from O'Connell St, but Dublin Bus timetable doesn't have a 38c....can anyone help? I'll be landing at Parnell Square...
    any of the 38's will leave you there. they go from parnell square. just ask the driver to let you off at the travel lodge at auburn ave, dont want them thinking your going to a different travel lodge ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭Bazzer2

Travelodge are hopelessly out of date with their information. The 38C was dropped a couple of years ago. You can get the 38, 38A or 38B to your destination from Parnell Square West.

Cheers, doubletrouble!

And cheers to you also, Bazzer2!

Advertisement