Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Staying at home this year

Options
  • 26-04-2012 8:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭

Hi All

Thinking of staying at home this summer and was looking for some info on a few trips todo. Only bought the MH last year and while we did head to France last year we didn't get out much in Ireland. I know the sites are a bit more pricey but we have number two on the way so are gonna stay at home this year.

We are planning to head to Trabolgan for a four day midweek break. Has anyone any advice on this? Price is reasonable if booked six weeks in advance.

Gonna head to Kilkenny (Tree Grove) for a night or two then onto (Apple Farm - Cahir) then Trabolgan and back up by Fota Island.

Is there any good campsites near Fota? We have the safenights card?

Also has anyone been to the festival of the fires or vantastial in their camper?

Just looking for a few weekend break tips on places to go in Ireland with a 2 1/2 year old?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭karmaan

might not suit a small child but, try the Marinas on the Shannon

• Registered Users Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭The Bishop Basher

I would definately recommend Vantastival. Its great for kids as its not too packed. Very chilled and plenty to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭irishllanaber

Stay away from Roscommon..... You're not welcome:eek::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭650Ginge

We always find staying in Ireland dull for more than a week. The place is small enough to do in the bank holidays. It is also expensive.

With a new baby options might be limited though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭Irishgoatman

650Ginge wrote: »
    We always find staying in Ireland dull for more than a week. The place is small enough to do in the bank holidays. It is also expensive.

With a new baby options might be limited though.

Apart from it being expensive here I'm afraid I can't agree with you.

But I suppose it depends on what you are looking for.
    Beautiful coast line with boat trips to various islands, River Shannon, River Barrow, River Lee (to name but 3 rivers), friendly towns with lively bars and it won't be long before you'll find the festival season starts up.

Nearly forgot the weather:( which I will agree is a draw-back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭HereAndThere

Thanks all, will try trabolgen and let you know how we get on.

€143 4 nights midweek all inclusive regardless of number of people in MH.

Still dearer than France with acsi card but we'll give a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭HereAndThere

Actually only €114 for four nights which isn't bad really.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭macpete

Hi all,hope you had a good weekend, We were in Achill and stayed at sandybanks park, I have to say that it was great in every way, The toilets,the layout, the views were fantastic. Very well run and not the usual ripoff campsite that is common place in Ireland. Price was 18 euro for camper +2 and EHU. So if you are in the Area well worth a visit.:D

Advertisement