Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Another Massive Earthquake.

Options
  • 20-03-2010 10:17pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭

Breaking News.
    :eek:Another Massive earthquake has hit this time in Cuba, Just reported on RTE.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

They must be cracking up down there.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,568 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Not good. Hope the damage is minimal.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

I don't see a MASSIVE earthquake on USGS feed. a 5 and a 4 - unless these were foreshocks before the one being reported on the news.

there was this one

Recent Worldwide Earthquake List - USGS : M 6.2, New Ireland region, Papua New Guinea http://bit.ly/bGrHiZ Full http://bit.ly/dqKgAD

where is new ireland anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

Biggins wrote: »
    Not good. Hope the damage is minimal.

Yep, though no casualties reported yet, so hopefully they will come out of it better than Haiti.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

Recent Worldwide Earthquake List - USGS : M 6.2, New Ireland region, Papua New Guinea http://bit.ly/bGrHiZ Full http://bit.ly/dqKgAD

where is new ireland anyway.

Papua New Guinea, I'd imagine..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,055 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

From RTE .....

There were no immediate reports of casualties or serious damage.
    A spokesman at the US naval base at Guantanamo Bay also reported no damage there.

Not quite the massive disaster thank God. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭The Aussie

Just reported on RTE.

and you believed it, all their news is second hand from over paid hacks, like chinese whispers for poor people.

The Aussie wrote: »
    and you believed it, all their news is second hand from over paid hacks, like chinese whispers for poor people.

They reported it accurately - the OP sensationalised it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

And this come from a poster called the Aussie, dear god have you seen the news in Aus, its more gossip and sensation than news and its full of slang.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Thanks whoring fail... Unlucky, better luck next time...

Why is it ok to make jokes in some earthquake threads yet if you made a joke in the Haiti thread you'd get banned? I find that odd...

Well hopefully this quake isn't a bad one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

Thanks whoring fail... Unlucky, better luck next time...

Why is it ok to make jokes in some earthquake threads yet if you made a joke in the Haiti thread you'd get banned? I find that odd...

That wasn't really a joke though. At least I didn't smile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

That wasn't really a joke though. At least I didn't smile.

Seriously... Read it again then... nobody said it was a great joke, but it was an attempt at a joke, a very bad one at that... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭pokerface_me

OP you bleeding clown i could choke you if you were in front of me, half my family are out there at a wedding, i nearly had a heart attack when i seen it, not FUNNY AT ALL:confused:

have you seen the news

NO, try not to, its for saps...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

God, I hope there are no losses. :(

That wasn't really a joke though. AH didn't smile.

FYP

• Registered Users Posts: 23,974 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

NO, try not to, its for saps...

You didn't see what happened in Australia then, it was all over the news?:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,957 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Whenever you hear reports of an earthquake, the first place to check is http://earthquake.usgs.gov/ , and if it's big, check the PAGER map for it. That gives a quick estimate of how many people were affected and how badly.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

ejmaztec wrote: »
    You didn't see what happened in Australia then, it was all over the news?:eek:

No what happened, i was to busy laughing at poor people who pay attention to RTE, I must log onto A Current Affair for all the facts:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

It was a 6.2 according to that American site. 5.6 in Cuba.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

A light to moderate earthquake is hyped up as a 'massive earthquake' by the OP. OP is put on ignore.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,974 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

No what happened, i was to busy laughing at poor people who pay attention to RTE, I must log onto A Current Affair for all the facts:pac:

They just caught Ned Kelly - RTE's sending Charlie Bird.

I heard that one, they caught Ned after drinking to much rum and beating up his wife, he was involved in a low speed police chase in a 1974 WB Ute that ran out of fuel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,919 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Cracking off maybe

Advertisement