Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dublin to Cork

• 26-01-2007 11:03am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,115 ✭✭✭✭

with all these new-fangled shiney motorways now open - how long does it take to drive from Dublin to Cork? Assuming you're driving on a relativley quiet saturday. And where are the major bottlenecks now - is Abbeyleix the main one?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,011 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

loyatemu wrote:
    with all these new-fangled shiney motorways now open - how long does it take to drive from Dublin to Cork? Assuming you're driving on a relativley quiet saturday. And where are the major bottlenecks now - is Abbeyleix the main one?
    About 3.5 hours if no major delays.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭MLM

It's possible to do it in just under 3 hours if the road is quite and you don't mind paying the toll on the M8. The Aircoach does it in about 4 hours if you 're lucky. Can't wait till the whole thing is finished though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭Lennoxschips

Did Cork-Dublin on a Sunday in July and it took 3.5 hours - but that was before the Fermoy bypass was opened.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,035 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Abbeyleix is the major bottleneck though I've always been lucky to avoid tailbacks there. There's a lot of single carriageway road on the N8 so you can be delayed by slow drivers. I was behind a tailback of cars following a guy who kept slamming on the brakes every time he went over 40mph the other week. I usually do about 4 hours including the break I take half way down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

I have done it in under 3 hours, and on bad traffic days it has taken me well over 4 hours, but usually it takes 3.5 hours.

• Advertisement
Advertisement