Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HDMI Cable Length

Options
  • 19-12-2014 1:17pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Anyone have any experience with using 10m HDMI cables for gaming?

I'm planning on moving my pc to my desk at the other end of a room, but i'd still like to be able to play Fifa on the tv when the lads come over. I was thinking i'd just get a 10m HDMI (5m may be enough, but i'll test that later) cable and trailing it across the room, but i'm a bit worried the length of the cable might not give me a perfect image quality.

10m HDMI cable - says it can do 4k up to 15m, so it should be ok...but i figured i'd check here.

It's a PC btw, and playing Fifa 15 at max settings (if that matters).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭akaSol

Kiith wrote: »
    Anyone have any experience with using 10m HDMI cables for gaming?

I'm planning on moving my pc to my desk at the other end of a room, but i'd still like to be able to play Fifa on the tv when the lads come over. I was thinking i'd just get a 10m HDMI (5m may be enough, but i'll test that later) cable and trailing it across the room, but i'm a bit worried the length of the cable might not give me a perfect image quality.

10m HDMI cable - says it can do 4k up to 15m, so it should be ok...but i figured i'd check here.

It's a PC btw, and playing Fifa 15 at max settings (if that matters).

Longer cables can cause HDBC issues, especially with 3D/4k passthrough . Maybe look to having an in line repeater ( in the cable ) to make sure

>Sol

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Pepsie

10m is fine for 1080p for me, I currently use this for htpc to TV.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Cheers folks. Will test a 10m one, and see how it goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭Alexis Sanchez

Kiith wrote: »
    Cheers folks. Will test a 10m one, and see how it goes.

How did it go? I'm thinking of buying a 10m myself. How much did you pay for yours?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

How did it go? I'm thinking of buying a 10m myself. How much did you pay for yours?

Got it for around €15 iirc, and it works perfectly for my apartment. No issues with quality.

• Advertisement
Advertisement