Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Refurbished DART carriages

• 27-01-2007 12:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭

I've noticed that finally a few of the refurbished DART carriages sent to europe 2/3 years ago have surfaced sitting outside the Fairview depot this week. They look pretty well it has to be said.

Anyone know when these will start been run? I spotted 4 of them yesterday, anyone know when the rest of the refurbished carriages will be arriving? They are so badly needed its unreal.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭MarkoP11

The first 2 in October, 2 more arrived in November, 4 more coaches landed last week

Due to a colossal screw up by Siemens the contract is running 18 months behind so it doesn't really mater since 56 more have to be sent abroad

Again thanks to the incompetence of Siemens who for some reason couldn't overhaul the traction electronics a whole new one was fitted so the train needs to be recertified for electromagnetic compatibility adding at least a month to the commissioning phase. It must be noted the original electronics are still fairly cutting edge no reason to dump them, Siemens clearly too proud to sub contract that to Alstom Preston where I believe they where designed and built

They did keep the old seats about the only good thing really

Its incredibly complex, Siemens even denied they had a contract to a journalist who inquired, they changed the story very quickly once I supplied contract details including the name of someone in Siemens Dublin. All the information was in the public domain just a case of piecing it together. http://www.platform11.org/campaigns/whereismydart/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 524 ✭✭✭DerekP11

And if we're gonna have a pop at Siemens, then lets also dish it out to Irish Rail. Afterall, they were in no rush to explain the lack of 8 coach DARTs.

Advertisement