Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Really Appreciate your imput...??

Options
  • 15-09-2012 8:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Smarter minds than me, please help me.
    I'm so torn between two laptops and would love to know from people Not on commission which would be better.
    the Acer aspire v-571 OR
    the advent monza s150 15.6 screen red.

I'm coming from a perspective of upgrading from an advent 7110. So anything is an upgrade.
    I need it for the basic college stuff, but I also edit short amateur films, nothing too professional, but it rendered at a glacial pace with my old computer. I also hope to use it as a go between before I can afford a mac. The guys pitching the Acer are saying its a million times better and faster. its 100e more expensive and i dont really have the money for the acer but if it really really is so much better as the stores are telling me, I'd be willing to budget stricter in other areas of my life to stretch for it.
    My old laptop just quit on me and I really need it for college this week so I've narrowed it down to these two, though I've no doubt there are loads out there that I could have picked but, I would love if some peeps could weigh in on these two mega please??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

Links to both laptops ?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

OP, are these the laptops you're referring to? In PC World?
    Acer: http://www.pcworld.ie/Product/156-widescreen-laptop-Acer/311846/301

Advent: http://www.pcworld.ie/Product/ADVENT-Monza-S150-156andquot-Laptop-Red/311168/301

There were two other Aspire 571s at PC World but I thought it would be this cos they're roughly €100 apart

Not really an expert when it comes to integrated graphics cards hmm..video editing, you say?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

The advent is simply awful. Not worth it at all. Wouldn't be mad about the Acer either being completely honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 SupaReckless

yes they are the two laptops you've linked to.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

If I was chosing between THOSE TWO. I'd go for the Acer
    It definitely has a better processor but still not sure about the graphics..
    Intel HD 4000 vs ATI Mobility Radeon HD 6310 was it?
    I'd say look for a laptop with a dedicated graphics card..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 SupaReckless

haha, okay thanks so much for your effort and imput. appreciate it

Advertisement