Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

8 berth motorhome for hire

Options
  • 14-05-2012 8:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hi everyone,

I would like to know that is there any motorhome with 8 berths for hire in ireland. We two families with 4 adults n 4 kids would like to go together in one motorhome. Please let me know if anyone have any information, that would be great.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭muint

If you do find an 8 berth motor home, you might want to stock up on some Valium or similar. That is a LOT of people under a very small roof !
    Seriously though you are looking at a van with triple bunks, double dinette, single dinette and overhead double bed. Probably not the most common.
    Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Malta1

Perhaps a smaller van with a small tent might be an idea?

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭demoreino

I think our 7 berth was the largest Motorhome available to rent in Ireland last year ( I may be wrong ) and this only had 6 seat belts.
    For insurance purposes everyone travelling in the vehicle must be belted in while travelling. I have seen very few , if any , campervans with 8 seat belts.

Kevin www.iwmotorhomes.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 4,126 ✭✭✭shanec1928

an rv:P being serious having 8 people in such a small area will drive anyone mad especially if its wet. get two vans that way both families can have time to there selfs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

Both my wife and I come from camper families and we'd still be at each others throats after a few days of bad weather and whining kids I really advise against it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Ildere

I once saw a German family arrive at a campsite in France, 2 parents and 5 children.
    The first thing that happened was the Children erected 3 tents on the pitch.
    Thats one way.

The problem of passengers travelling without a seatbelt is something you will struggle with.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭clionaricho

We have broken down on 2 seperate occassions and my sister and her husband have "put" us up in their camper. We are both 2 adults and 2 kids and we always travel together but it is very tight when you share like that. When the weather is good its easier but when you are more stuck inside and everything hanging around is wet its not fun. Also we were fine but people can be funny about cooking, washing up etc and taking turns etc. Also this sounds like its your first trip in a camper which in itself can be claustrophobic ... I would think very serioulsy before you do this !!

Advertisement