Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hkc and home automation

Options
  • 26-01-2015 1:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

Hey guys
    Have a 10/70 with GSM Q and am exploring the limitations of home automation.
    What weird and wonderful things have you had the pleasure of doing?
    Currently just have lights connected up. Cannot do the heating yet as we have a stove unless there is a way of getting the GSM Q to light the fire!!
    Looking forward to hearing some of the strange and wonderful things!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,643 ✭✭✭✭altor

Dave1014 wrote: »
    Hey guys
    Have a 10/70 with GSM Q and am exploring the limitations of home automation.
    What weird and wonderful things have you had the pleasure of doing?
    Currently just have lights connected up. Cannot do the heating yet as we have a stove unless there is a way of getting the GSM Q to light the fire!!
    Looking forward to hearing some of the strange and wonderful things!!

It can be used to control anything with a relay.
    Lighting the fire no, unless it has a switch :)

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭Diggerdunne

Hey what type of lights do u have setup? How do u trigger them? When the alarm activates or from an output
    I have the heating zones setup on mine, only 2 zones.. Keep meaning to setup the hot water but have not got around to it.
    I think you can only have 4 controlled outputs max on the hkc no matter how many expansion cards ya install...

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Dave1014

I have mine taken from the external bell output to a relay which switches on the lights. Lights only stay on for the duration of the bell.

A question about this. Are they Pir security lights or just normal lights. I have Pir Security lights an was wondering the best way to do it. Putting the power from the relay to the bulb side of the sensor should work i think???Am goin to take the 12v from the external bell also

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Dave1014

Mine are non pir sensors. You could wire it into the output from the pir sensor and this would bypass the pir with an alarm event. Mine are connected to the 12v external bell so they only remain on for 15min. Just be sure to take the 220v from the same circut as the lighting.

• Advertisement

Yeah thats the way i was going to do it. Have the relay beside the fuseboard and the outside lights are on their own circuit... cheers...

Advertisement