Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

HKC secure watch alarm, help please

Options
  • 01-01-2015 1:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭

Moved into a new house, previous owner didn't give us the code. The HKC alarm went off all of a sudden a few hours ago. I have no knowledge worked with this thing before, so I powered off the house. And the took out the battery following suggestion from KoolKid/altor in other threads.

I think the alarm is SW812, some question please

1) if the alarm is engineer coded (i.e. Can not default), then how I can stop it make noise? (Stop it alarm inside and outside)
    2) If it is defaulted, is there any guide I can follow to set it up again?
    3) Last one, I found a piece of paper in the utility room behind the alarm box, and there's 4 digit come after "Panel" and 3 digit after "Bell", might Panel be engineer code, if it is, how can I use it?

Thanks a lot!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭m_hunter

Anyone can help? Much appreciated!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

m_hunter wrote: »

1) if the alarm is engineer coded (i.e. Can not default), then how I can stop it make noise? (Stop it alarm inside and outside)
    2) If it is defaulted, is there any guide I can follow to set it up again?
    3) Last one, I found a piece of paper in the utility room behind the alarm box, and there's 4 digit come after "Panel" and 3 digit after "Bell", might Panel be engineer code, if it is, how can I use it?

Thanks a lot!!!!

1) Power it down. Remove the mains power and the battery. The outside bell should stop after 20 minutes or so.
    2) I will send you the engineer manual
    3) Any code would have to be between 4-6 digits
    If you enter a valid code the panel will respond.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭carveone

I'm in the exact same situation - a HKC with no codes and I'm wondering if a callout from someone will reset and give me the engineering code. I'm concerned a power or battery fail will start the alarm blaring...

The control panel says "HKC Securewatch" and "Toptronic Security" who I guess installed it. I can pay for someone but hoped I could get a recommendation for someone who'll reset it without engineer locking it or saying I need a new one or something... Google gives me gard.ie and retec.ie so far - I'm sure both those companies are fine but sometimes you want an assurance ;)

I would try the 01111 and 04567 codes but I'm scared I'll set off the damn thing and not be able to stop it. The main box has a fuse next to it but probably has a battery too so if I pull the fuse, I assume alarm would go off. Is there a tamper on the main box? Is the battery wired in or just push connected? If I'm fast I assume I won't be deafened much!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

The panel could be easily reset by any competent engineer you do not need any major upgrade etc.
    Where are you located?

Better get some one fix it for you... the reset part is easy, issue will be how to reconfigure it... the manual does not do me a lot, my external strobe still flash.

And I found my house insurance need a alarm service for it to be valid for some claim... So I called my alarm company, and sign a contact, they send someone fixed the issue in 20mins.

I go with Lara, I think you can try with the company on the panel, if it is out of business, then try Lara Alarm... I do not know the 2 you mentioned... maybe some lads here dealt with them before.

• Advertisement

KoolKid wrote: »
    The panel could be easily reset by any competent engineer you do not need any major upgrade etc.
    Where are you located?

Just want to thank you again, man. You are my superstar! Good to have you as Mod!!!!

Where are you located?

Portmarnock. I guess they just pull some jumper on the PCB and reset to factory. Maybe I should write down some of the numbers that come up when I open doors and things!

Thanks.

That default method will only work if the panel is not engineer locked.

That default method will only work if the panel is not engineer locked.

Ah ok. And it's anyone's guess if it is or not - depends on the installer. If I type the default engineer code (04567*) and it has been changed, the alarm won't go off will it?

I just feel that if I cough up 100 euro and the engineer just spend 30 seconds typing the default engineer code and reseting the user code I'd feel a bit thick. On the other hand, alarm guys gotta eat too :)

Edit: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=77370435&postcount=4 answers the question of what happens if I turn off the mains and remove the battery. Alarm goes off :(

Entering the wrong engineer code will not activate the alarm.
    Entering multiple wrong codes may cause a code tamper though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement