Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours - 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,621 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

50m and barca will force him out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Modric maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Headshot wrote: »
    50m and barca will force him out

With a pitch fork.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭master-t

I think it's interesting that they didn't say 'he's not for sale' though. They said he wants to stay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Lads I'm on top of a very tall building, Will I jump, or will it all be ok?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭joe316

I could be clutching at straws but could Tito's hand be forced to sell? Barca seem in some trouble on the books and could the trustees force the sale? im finding it really strange that the club fired out an official bid without some inkling of its potential. This isnt Harchester United where Jerry Block would attempt to sign Didier Baptiste just to appease the fans without any chance of it happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

GSPfan wrote: »
    Lads I'm on top of a very tall building, Will I jump, or will it all be ok?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Harpy

ElChe32 wrote: »
    I'm no longer letting myself get all swept up in transfer gossip till I see the player holding up the jersey beside Moyes. I'm getting too old for this shít! :D

I was just thinking the same thing, and then i saw the next post about nani signing a contract and started searching for that:( ... I lasted all of about 5 seconds..

Jerry was a cunning bloke though who made some stellar signings in fairness, a modern day Levy. Signings like Luis Amor Rodriguez are just unheard of day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

To be honest if our team bus blew up and all our midfielders were dead we still wouldn't sign replacements.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Pienaar or Osman?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

DM-ICE wrote: »
    Pienaar or Osman?

Gibson

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Tito is hardly going to come out and say he wants to leave

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

This. While its longshot he was hardly going say he was going to us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭SoulTrader

FutureGuy wrote: »
    The one thing I am absolutely overjoyed about so far in this transfer window is that Chelsea and City can no longer wave their oil-back cheque books to get the very best players. Monaco and PSG are blowing them completely out of the water in that regard. Last year, you'd put your money on the likes of Cavani and Falcao ending up in England. Now, they cannot compete.

Delighted.

Yep. I've always maintained that one sure fire way to limit the vast spending power of City and Chelsea is for every single club to be owned by generous billionaires. Unlimited funds is their competitive advantage and if everyone has access to unlimited funds, they lose their edge. Having 2 such teams in France - a fairly uncompetitive league Europe wise - is a great start at eroding the spending power of City and Chelsea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Fanny Biscuit

I'm sure if someone offers 35M they will consider it. Man City, Chelsea may force Manutd hand to up their current offer unless Barcelona are willing to negotiate a deal, something i doubt. They have bought Neymar and badly need a CB, something that won't be cheap. Not sure who else they may target with Silva staying at PSG?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Interesting the contrast between Tito's response to Fabregas rumours and Moyes' response to Rooney rumours.

Tito says Fabregas has told him he wants to stay.

Moyes says Rooney is not for sale and is categorically playing well. :pac:

Hmm... I wonder who is more likely to leave this summer...

• Advertisement

The fact that there are now 4 teams involved does seem to me to suggest that Barca were trying to flush out other offers by publicising Utd's bid.

And I think the RVP factor means Fabregas would choose Utd over the rest of them.

Arsenal don't appear to want him and going back to Arsenal would be like a backwards step, whereas a move to Utd could at least be spun as a sideways step.

Chelsea don't need him with Schurrle, Ramires, Moses, Oscar, Hazard, Lampard, Mikel and Mata.

Given a choice between us and City, I think the chance to play with RVP and considering the stability of Utd, and the Fabregas-size hole in our midfield, I think he would prefer us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

FutureGuy wrote: »
    The one thing I am absolutely overjoyed about so far in this transfer window is that Chelsea and City can no longer wave their oil-back cheque books to get the very best players. Monaco and PSG are blowing them completely out of the water in that regard. Last year, you'd put your money on the likes of Cavani and Falcao ending up in England. Now, they cannot compete.

Delighted.

Disagree. I want the world's best players to come to the EPL. If City or Chelsea buy them, it forces Utd to meet the challenge. They usually do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Oregano_State

That sounds like a soft response from Barca. Enough to prompt an impoved bid, but far short of a flat "No".

Fabergosling will be moving somewhere's methinks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭martinr5232

SoulTrader wrote: »
    The fact that there are now 4 teams involved does seem to me to suggest that Barca were trying to flush out other offers by publicising Utd's bid.

And I think the RVP factor means Fabregas would choose Utd over the rest of them.

Arsenal don't appear to want him and going back to Arsenal would be like a backwards step, whereas a move to Utd could at least be spun as a sideways step.

Chelsea don't need him with Schurrle, Ramires, Moses, Oscar, Hazard, Lampard, Mikel and Mata.

Given a choice between us and City, I think the chance to play with RVP and considering the stability of Utd, and the Fabregas-size hole in our midfield, I think he would prefer us.

Hes going to Bayern so.

Hes going to Bayern so.

I've been waiting for that! Why have 8 midfielders when you can have 9?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

I reckon we wont get Fabregas as much as id love to see it, who else could we sign if not Fellaini?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭Leftist

DM-ICE wrote: »
    Pienaar or Osman?

you jest, but Osman is a serious possibility.

I reckon we wont get Fabregas as much as id love to see it, who else could we sign if not Fellaini?

Modric to me is more a realistic target after Real signing two spanish under 21 midfielders or even Alonso, talk of him being moved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Leftist wrote: »
    you jest, but Osman is a serious possibility.

You may have got the Thaigo thing right, but that is absolute crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

He'd go back to the Gunners if given the choice imo. RVP has nothing to do with it, just like DDG had nothing to do with Thiago.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Serious possibility that someone is talking ****e in here again.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

I would like a bid for alonso.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

lordgoat wrote: »

Could be got cheap too since he's running out his contract. Would definitely be good for a least a year. Plus it would be nice for 'Pool fans to see first hand their worst transfer mistake in recent history :pac:

Alonso back to LFC, Cesc would prob choose Arsenal over us I would imagine. It's Fellaini and maybe some young French fella we never heard of.

That or Cabaye. I would def take Cabaye and Fellaini f Cesc / Modric etc are non runners.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    Could be got cheap too since he's running out his contract. Would definitely be good for a least a year. Plus it would be nice for 'Pool fans to see first hand their worst transfer mistake in recent history :pac:
    master-t wrote: »
    Alonso back to LFC, Cesc would prob choose Arsenal over us I would imagine. It's Fellaini and maybe some young French fella we never heard of.

Alonso not going anywhere except maybe where he started (Real Sociedad) He has already ruled out a move back to the PL.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭UnawareCaesar

That'd take a fair bit of spinning to call Barca to Utd a sideways step. Only sideways steps from Barca at the moment are Real and Bayern.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Alonso was crap last season and was a pale shadow of himself. I think Real could be moving on from him but he may be hard to offload due to his wages.

I don't think I'd like us to go there tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

That'd take a fair bit of spinning to call Barca to Utd a sideways step. Only sideways steps from Barca at the moment are Real and Bayern.

I think Bayern would be an upwards step from Barca..... 7:0 on aggregate wasn't it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,397 ✭✭✭xtal191

So what midfielder are we gonna miss out on next??

xtal191 wrote: »
    So what midfielder are we gonna miss out on next??

Osman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭WIZE

Barcelona coach Tito Vilanova has said that Manchester United target Cesc Fabregas wants to stay at the Spanish champions.
    United yesterday made a bid for the midfielder, who has failed to secure a regular starting spot at Barca since returning to the club from Arsenal two years ago.
    However, Barca insisted the 26-year-old was not for sale and Vilanova has now confirmed that Fabregas is not wanting to move on either.
    Vilanova said at a press conference this morning: “I’m aware there have been offers, I had a conversation with him and he told me that he wanted to continue here and that he didn’t want to go to another big club.
    “He wants to succeed here.”
    United manager David Moyes has made a €30 million offer for Fabregas and is also keen on raiding his former club Everton for Marouane Fellaini.
    Moyes has identified the need for two midfielders, at least one of whom must be able to contribute goals, which Fabregas has proved he can do in the Premier League.
    Moyes considered Real Madrid‘s Luka Modric before deciding on lodging an official offer for the former Arsenal captain.

Irishtimes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,277 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Well - the proof of whether United's interest is real will come out shortly enough I suspect - if we don't make a second bid then we weren't really interested, imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Yeah because Real Madrid have won leagues consistently for last few seasons isn't it? They have won fewer trophies than ManUtd in the last few years and so are Bayern.

But Bayern have built amazing team and proved they are well ahead but Madrid haven't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Osman to Utd? Nowhere near good enough for a club of your stature.

I fully expect Moyes to sign Fellaini before the season starts. I also think he knows he needs to add some creativity to the midfield and someone who will score goals. Something the old guard failed to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Anybody giving any credence to a move for Osman should be taken outside and shot. Might sound harsh but it's an appropriate punishment in my eyes.

Ahhh so the Cesc bid was a smokescreen to wade the scent off Osman? Ah....now I get it.

Get up the f**k.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,965 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Gringo180 wrote: »

England international, I'd have him!

Liamalone wrote: »
    England international, I'd have him!

Do you support Crew by any chance?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Anybody giving any credence to a move for Osman should be taken outside and shot. Might sound harsh but it's an appropriate punishment in my eyes.

Agree, I think yous should be aiming high for a midfielder somebody that is really a world class player, its badly needed and I can see yous really struggle to keep up with the likes of Chelsea or City next season. Modric or Reus be ideal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Like the guy in the 6300 dollar suit is gonna sign Leon Osman, Come on!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement