Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 12/13

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Handy that we basically got the day off. Virtually no effort expended in the last hour of the game.

It still feels a bit like a team has to play ****e for us to beat them. Fulham and QPR are the obvious examples.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,536 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

hefferboi wrote: »
    Good win. Sterling was very poor I thought. I think he should be used as a sub for the rest of the season. Only started coming into the game when QPR were knackered.

Henderson played well 1st half I thought. Looks more assured and confident. The one Kenny signing(apart from Suarez) that I'm happy with.

I'm still genuinely baffled about Sahin and Assaidi's situations. I've seen pics of Sahin training and the mask should allow him to play? I thought he would have had a field day today. There's more to the Assaidi one than meets the eye. Rumours that he was injured this week. Some saying his knee and others saying his groin? I'd love to hear Rodger's talking about it. From what I've seen, I think he has more to his game than Sterling at the minute.

And Suarez <3 I'll miss him :(

Think this and other posters, from match thread, are starting to be unfair on Sterling.
    Some will argue that he should be rested more but the fact is he's only 18 and has done brilliant to get into the team.

This guy will be huge for us and is learning all the time and you have to make allowances for him as he learns his trade.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Enrique?

Yeah actually :o

murpho999 wrote: »
    Think this and other posters, from match thread, are starting to be unfair on Sterling.
    Some will argue that he should be rested more but the fact is he's only 18 and has done brilliant to get into the team.

This guy will be huge for us and is learning all the time and you have to make allowances for him as he learns his trade.

He has done well and fair play to him. He's broken into the team and it was always a matter of when with him tbf. But his performances really do leave a lot to be desired. And the way we are at the moment we need lads who are starting up in the front three to have an end product. He just hasn't got it right now but it'll come in time. Overplaying him will be bad for him and us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Must be bad alright, Pascoe had the colour of a boiled sh1te during his interview there.

Just before any rumours start, 'The Rodgers' obviously has something completely different.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=82433298&postcount=1163

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

I think it just reflects badly on the team. Even Messi didn't get that much game time at 17/18.

Nothing much should be expected of Sterling for 4 or 5 years. Any end product is a bonus really. Having a bit of time in the team won't do any harm but we don't want to break him and we can't afford to carry him indefinitely.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

Pascoe say anything about Enrique?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,870 ✭✭✭✭klose

gafferino wrote: »
    Pascoe say anything about Enrique?

Has a tear in his hamstring

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Oscorp

The arrival of Sturridge and maybe Ince should see Sterling's game time curtailed a fair bit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,967 ✭✭✭ebbsy

It was like the Fulham game, nothing in front of us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Feckin hell how poor was Sterling today?

Assiadi should have at least come on for the last 15 minutes.

Lucas snuffed out their mini comeback when he came on thankfully.

Decent win against a piss poor side.

Lets hope we can beat Sunderland or this wont mean a thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

we completed 614 passes today which is excellent
    looks like we are improving at our passing game

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

Has a tear in his hamstring

Crap, hope it is not too serious. He has been decent enough recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Oscorp

I actually thought Lucas struggled a bit with Taarabt when he came on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

Delighted with the win but still baffled at the substitutions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

MD1990 wrote: »
    we completed 614 passes today which is excellent
    looks like we are improving at our passing game

Well it was QPR but still a good sign. I would like to see Gerrard and Allen in front of the back four for a couple of games to see how they get on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

I don't think today followed a much dissimilar pattern to many games this season. In most matches we seem to come out of the blocks like a train and for the first half an hour really dominated teams. Generally if they can live with us during that period we tend to not be able to keep up the pace and they then come more and more into the game as QPR did in the second half. The difference today was that during that period of dominance we scored a few goals.

I thought first half the players seemed really clued in on the way we're suppose to be playing. After we went one nil up the players looked to take the sting out the game by passing it around short and neat, probing and moving the ball well. The start of the second half was so frustrating to watch, it was like night and day from the first half. We started looking to play the ball quickly up top with real urgency when all we needed at that stage three up was to keep the ball moving and make QPR work. It was really frustrating to watch.

I was hoping we would go on to hammer them after such a big early lead for team morale more than anything. Still a badly needed three points.

Opr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

Turtyturd wrote: »

Just before any rumours start, 'The Rodgers' obviously has something completely different.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=82433298&postcount=1163

Why do the club publicise the embarrassing nature of his illness? Why not just refer to a bug or similar? Could you imagine utd doing that with fergie? Simply wouldn't happen

Crap, hope it is not too serious. He has been decent enough recently.

Yeah its been great to see him gain a bit of form again, probably means glen will go lb and wisdom comes in at rb for sunderland. Dont fancy downing at lb.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

1356883922368.gif
    1356884282559.gif
    1356884999835.gif
    1356884934840.gif

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Courtesy Flush

Maybe he got his new contract sorted and hes reverting to type

LiamoSail wrote: »
    Why do the club publicise the embarrassing nature of his illness? Why not just refer to a bug or similar? Could you imagine utd doing that with fergie? Simply wouldn't happen

Its a fake account, chill brah.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭dmigsy

LiamoSail wrote: »

It's not the club's twitter account.

Didn't realise it was a fake. I don't know much about twitter and I've seen being Liverpool, so it seemed possible

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

How could anybody think it was the clubs account...?only had 3k odd followers.Was still funny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,563 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

mav79 wrote: »
    Delighted with the win but still baffled at the substitutions.

Henderson looked fooked when he came off and he wasn't ul to the same standard as first half. Lucas needs game time and today was an ideal opportunity.
    Suso for Enrique was fairly straight foward, he was injured.
    Allen could of came off sooner, been struggling with a groin strain I think.
    I reckon Suarez would have been subbed if not for the injury to Enrique as he is suffering from an ankle knock. He stayed on instead of Allen because apparently he is Unbreakable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,372 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

He had a very poor first half but he actually got better as the game went on. Could easily have had 2 assists in the end. He set up Suarez for a shot that was tipped over and there was another cut back that someone shot over the bar.

Still doesn't look as sharp as he did earlier in the season though. He's played a lot more minutes that should be expected of him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

OwaynOTT

Henderson looked fooked when he came off and he wasn't ul to the same standard as first half. Lucas needs game time and today was an ideal opportunity.
    Suso for Enrique was fairly straight foward, he was injured.
    Allen could of came off sooner, been struggling with a groin strain I think.
    I reckon Suarez would have been subbed if not for the injury to Enrique as he is suffering from an ankle knock. He stayed on instead of Allen because apparently he is Unbreakable.
    Can understand Henderson coming off because he was sick, but like last week we were playing with a player that looked off the pace from the start. Sterling should have come off after 50 or so minutes. And even though Carragher has not done anything wrong when he has come on, whats the point when you have Coates on the bench or Shelvey who could have done with a confidence boost.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Lucas had another poor game. QPR's midfield was so disjointed that he should have looked alot better when he came on. He looks slow of foot and thought.

Been out for a long time so you would think it will come back with a bit of time but he looks a total liability in the meantime. I wouldn't start him. Similarly, Gerrard look absolutely shattered. Some of these guys either need a good rest or a new fitness regime.

Dub13 wrote: »
    How could anybody think it was the clubs account...?only had 3k odd followers.Was still funny.

Not everyone uses twitter or is inanyway familiar with the app. It wouldn't have even crossed my mind to look at the number of followers

And given the being Liverpool programme and the clubs numerous pr gaffs, nothing would surprise me

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

darced wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

I have literally never heard a more ridiculous thing in my life. RVP a tap in merchant? Oh my word. Unbelievable Jeff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

A goal is a goal, be it tap-ins or long range screamers so it's a silly argument anyway but RVP has scored some brilliant goals too this season so it's a moot point.

Silly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Delighted with the win. Suarez now up to 16 goals in all competitions, 13 in the league. Enrique, Henderson, Gerrard, Suarez, Agger were all good today. Sterling clearly needs a rest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,967 ✭✭✭ebbsy

hefferboi wrote: »
    Good win. Sterling was very poor I thought. I think he should be used as a sub for the rest of the season. Only started coming into the game when QPR were knackered.

Henderson played well 1st half I thought. Looks more assured and confident. The one Kenny signing(apart from Suarez) that I'm happy with.

I'm still genuinely baffled about Sahin and Assaidi's situations. I've seen pics of Sahin training and the mask should allow him to play? I thought he would have had a field day today. There's more to the Assaidi one than meets the eye. Rumours that he was injured this week. Some saying his knee and others saying his groin? I'd love to hear Rodger's talking about it. From what I've seen, I think he has more to his game than Sterling at the minute.

And Suarez <3 I'll miss him :(

Jesus wept.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

If you are a betting man put some money on Walcott to UTD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

3 points is what its all about. I wont be getting too excited about it being against QPR though.

Fairly impressive from Henderson to do what he did while being sick, to think he was being offered to anyone for the same amount as 30 weeks of Sahin's wages would make a grown man cry to be honest.

Suarez is the difference between some hope and no hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

Pascoe reveals extent of illnesses

Colin Pascoe has revealed details of the illnesses which hit the Liverpool camp ahead of their 3-0 win at Queens Park Ranges.
    Pascoe deputised for Brendan Rodgers in the dugout for our final game of 2012, with the boss returning to Merseyside on Sunday morning on doctor's orders.

The Northern Irishman was too ill to make contact during the game, though he did pick the team.

His assistant Pascoe was also ill with a different ailment, and revealed afterwards that he too had been barred from the dressing room to prevent the players being struck down.

He said: "This morning, he [Rodgers] phoned me. I wasn't feeling very well myself, but he was worse than me!

"He didn't look so good, he was very, very white. We were in the hotel.

"All the preparation had been done for the match. Brendan picked the team. The presentations to the players were all set, I just did the presentations today. The driver had to take him [Brendan] back home.

"He wasn't in touch during the game - he's that bad!

"The way the medical team and the doctors isolated the players and the staff, they've been fantastic. Hopefully it's nipped in the bud and not too many players or staff will be affected by it."

On his own sickness, Pascoe added: "I made notes before, during and after and I gave them to Mike Marsh, who went in and gave instructions.

"I wasn't allowed in the dressing room!"

Two goals from Luis Suarez and a header from Daniel Agger ensured QPR remained rooted to the bottom of the Barclays Premier League heading into the New Year.

Liverpool stay eight points adrift of the top four but a win at home to Sunderland on Wednesday will make it a decent return of nine points from a possible 12 over the Christmas period.

Pascoe said: "They were awesome today. The way they played, conducted themselves and controlled the game.

"The way Luis and Stevie and the boys played - you could go through the whole team. It was just a great team performance."

Asked whether the display gave him hope that 2013 would be a more fruitful year than 2012 on the pitch for Liverpool, Pascoe replied: "Yes, definitely.

"We were all disappointed after Stoke but the performances in a lot of the games have been terrific. Again today, coming to QPR, which is a tough place to come, the lads were superb."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

That 20-30 mins scoring spell was the most purposeful Liverpool have been all year. Was great to see not even considering the genius contribution. Slacked off bit 2nd half but overall complete performance no matter how ****e QPR were/are

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

Timmyctc wrote: »
    I have literally never heard a more ridiculous thing in my life. RVP a tap in merchant? Oh my word. Unbelievable Jeff.

Sometimes delusion knows no bounds.

Suarez has been great this season but RVP is a class above in terms of skill, class and professionalism.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Lets hope we can beat Sunderland or this wont mean a thing.

Okay let me see if I have this right, if Liverpool lose against Sunderland the club should hand the points back. Okay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,032 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Suarez has been great this season but RVP is a class above in terms of skill, class and professionalism.

When did Suarez not act professional this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Jayob10

niallo27 wrote: »

Why do people always engage these trolls? I have to laugh, folk whinge about these posters yet they always reply to such outlandish statements

Why don't you just hit the ignore button when a wind up merchant is so blatant?

Jayob10 wrote: »
    Why do people always engage these trolls? I have to laugh, folk whinge about these posters yet they always reply to such outlandish statements

Why don't you just hit the ignore button when a wind up merchant is so blatant?

Willy doesn't bother me, I enjoy his bonkers posts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

niallo27 wrote: »

He's been much better this season in that regard although he has gotten booked once or twice for diving and still feigns injury a bit more than most.

How long more do you reckon he'll last at the club?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,372 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

In fairness they are both great and very different players but I wouldn't say Van Persie is a class above Suarez. I doubt that is a view that would be widely held in many places outside of England anyway.

Also it's not like RVP exactly has a squeaky clean past himself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Raif Severance

Good Win for us. I know it's QPR, but like they say, "You can only Beat what's in Front of You"

Everyone played well, and Suarez was magical.

I think the key to our win here, was that we took our chances early. If we can be that clinical in front of goal for the rest of the season, I think we will finish with respectability. Hopefully, the January Additions will continue to reinforce this side of our game.

If there is any Silverlining in the Loss against Stokes, is the hope that it finally Hammered into Rodgers, that starting Shelvey with Gerard is a really, really BAD IDEA!

Gerard is just so used to a FREE ROLE that even if you give him the AM Position, you will still see him plenty of times at the Back 4. Which we've seen in plenty of games.

If he is really UNDROPPABLE, then it is of the utmost importance to partner him with Energetic Midfielders, that are willing to cover lots of ground. That means Allen and Hendo, and specially no Shelvey.

I'm really worried about Lucas. I hope it is just due to lack of Match Fitness and not something worse. He looks severely off-the-pace. Even so, a Defensive DM is really a must for January.

We must keep Downing at least until Summer. Unless we sign a Left Back in January, his ability to play Left Back is indispensable in this current campaign.

Bring on Sunderland! :D

He's been much better this season in that regard although he has gotten booked once or twice for diving and still feigns injury a bit more than most.

How long more do you reckon he'll last at the club?

Another 12 years playing, then on the coaching staff for 5 years until he takes over as manager for about 17 years, so to answer your question, 34 years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Seen this on Twitter...:D
    next victim of the virus
    A_YzHixCUAAHv8_.jpg

Hendo had the bug too confirmed by the first team physio there on twitter, great performance considering!

ebbsy wrote: »
    Jesus wept.

You're stalking me now:(

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement