Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I re-task this Eircom Phonewatch alarm?

Options
  • 23-01-2015 12:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭

Hi, I'm fairly handy but new to alarm systems....

I've just moved into a house, it has/had a working Eircom Phonewatch installation fully intact but no longer monitored as the previous tenants stopped the account obv.

screengrabs of the panel attached, I think it's maybe 12 years old

IMG_1796_zps013916c8.jpg

IMG_1793_zpsd3905c65.jpg

I'd like to re-use the kit to phone/alert me rather than have to pay for phonewatch monitoring, I'm never too far from the house and I find it hard to justify the costs

Anyone educate me on what's involved to access & reprogram (presume) the panel to work for me instead of phonewatch? I was looking for a usb port/ethernet port but maybe I'm off track there, maybe it's hardcoded and not even possible...

thanks for any info!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,653 ✭✭✭✭altor

martco wrote: »
    Hi, I'm fairly handy but new to alarm systems....

I've just moved into a house, it has/had a working Eircom Phonewatch installation fully intact but no longer monitored as the previous tenants stopped the account obv.

screengrabs of the panel attached, I think it's maybe 12 years old

IMG_1796_zps013916c8.jpg

IMG_1793_zpsd3905c65.jpg

I'd like to re-use the kit to phone/alert me rather than have to pay for phonewatch monitoring, I'm never too far from the house and I find it hard to justify the costs

Anyone educate me on what's involved to access & reprogram (presume) the panel to work for me instead of phonewatch? I was looking for a usb port/ethernet port but maybe I'm off track there, maybe it's hardcoded and not even possible...

thanks for any info!

Its a Simon alarm. I have sent you the manual by P.M.
    It explains everything you want to know and do.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 simone2014

altor wrote: »
    Its a Simon alarm. I have sent you the manual by P.M.
    It explains everything you want to know and do.

Any chance you could send me the manual too? Exact same query! Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 11,653 ✭✭✭✭altor

simone2014 wrote: »
    Any chance you could send me the manual too? Exact same query! Cheers

That is no problem.

Advertisement