Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SUSI and part time work

Options
  • 07-01-2015 6:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭

Hi, just wondering could someone give me some info. Basically I am in college currently full time, got susi grand past two years and have two years left in college.

I haven't been working at all the past number of years while in college, however I am after getting a job doing relief work, i have no set ours it will be covering sick days, busy times of the year etc, so probably only do a day or two a month!

Just wondering how this will affect my grand, I mean when I go to renew my grand this July/August will the earning come into it or will it e the following year? Also will SUSI or out an average of what I could earn etc, as I have no set salary?

Sorry for all the questions, just want to make sure all is in order, as I had awful trouble with SUSI this year and dont want to go down that route ever again!

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Sup08

bri007 wrote: »
    Hi, just wondering could someone give me some info. Basically I am in college currently full time, got susi grand past two years and have two years left in college.

I haven't been working at all the past number of years while in college, however I am after getting a job doing relief work, i have no set ours it will be covering sick days, busy times of the year etc, so probably only do a day or two a month!

Just wondering how this will affect my grand, I mean when I go to renew my grand this July/August will the earning come into it or will it e the following year? Also will SUSI or out an average of what I could earn etc, as I have no set salary?

Sorry for all the questions, just want to make sure all is in order, as I had awful trouble with SUSI this year and dont want to go down that route ever again!

Thanks.

It will be your income for 2014 that will be taken into account.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Lau2976

You will be expected to provide it in your financials information. Some times of the year are exempt from consideration though (2 weeks at christmas, Easter)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭bri007

thanks for the replies :) I didnt work in 2014 so should be ok then :)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,912 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

For the 2015/2016 academic year they would assess you 2014 income

For the 2016/2017 academic year they would assess your 2015 income

So it could potentially affect your grant in the 2016/2017 academic year

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭questionmark

hi, i am in the same situation , currently getting a grant and have just started part time work (was not working in the 13/14 year ). i was wondering to get the grant next year will i be asked if i have had any change of circumstances ? or need to tell them i have taken up part time work and then would they reassess my grant on 15/16 income for the 15/16 year ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Sup08

hi, i am in the same situation , currently getting a grant and have just started part time work (was not working in the 13/14 year ). i was wondering to get the grant next year will i be asked if i have had any change of circumstances ? or need to tell them i have taken up part time work and then would they reassess my grant on 15/16 income for the 15/16 year ?

If you don't inform them of the change to your circumstances it may not effect the grant, but you may also be selected for re-assessment anyway or at anytime over the duration of your course. If you are only entering a new 4 year course, you will be re-assessed at some point.

Either way, if it comes to light that you were awarded the wrong grant, they can request you payback (recoup) the monies overpaid.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭questionmark

Sup08 wrote: »
    If you don't inform them of the change to your circumstances it may not effect the grant, but you may also be selected for re-assessment anyway or at anytime over the duration of your course. If you are only entering a new 4 year course, you will be re-assessed at some point.

Either way, if it comes to light that you were awarded the wrong grant, they can request you payback (recoup) the monies overpaid.

thanks, was just wonder how the years thing worked

Advertisement