Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do we know if the lotto draw is live?

Options
  • 18-06-2008 8:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,435 ✭✭✭

Just after watching tonights big jackpot lotto draw in which I didnt win anything :mad: with Pamela Flood presenting it this time...all she says that makes us believe its live is that "it's independently observed by KPMG". Years ago we would see said person from this type of company present and situated in studio (or was he!!?)

So whats stopping RTE pre-recording the draw say 30 minutes before broadcast, a few staff playing the chosen numbers before it goes to air and winning amounts of money?.

Not suggesting anything of the sort happens by the way!!

Perhaps the draw should be made and televised in public on streets around the country?

Maybe i'm just pissed off with not winning any decent amounts lately!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

'evenin ronan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

It's not live. They film the each ball dropping into the tray individually, then after all the tickets are bought they find which line hasn't been picked and use the clips to make up that line.

Then they let it rollover until a bank holiday weekend when there's a nice big jackpot, follow some poor person from the country around and spy on what numbers they've got and let them win.

[/conspiracy]

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭Fulton Crown

Rb wrote: »
    It's not live. They film the each ball dropping into the tray individually, then after all the tickets are bought they find which line hasn't been picked and use the clips to make up that line.

Then they let it rollover until a bank holiday weekend when there's a nice big jackpot, follow some poor person from the country around and spy on what numbers they've got and let them win.

[/conspiracy]

Nah ! It must be live because it is supervised by KPMG - them dudes are professional - no freekin messin with the KPMG boys - no siree.......

On the other hand..jackpot 13 mills ...fckers could probably be bought :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Check this out:
    lotto.ie wrote:
    Millionaire Raffle Prizes

The prize amounts for Millionaire Raffle draw are fixed.

€1,000,000 Jackpot Prize
    A player whose ticket matches the 6 numbers drawn in order wins the Jackpot of €1million. Two tickets will be drawn at this prize level and both will win €1million each.

€100,000
    A player whose ticket matches the 6 numbers drawn in order wins the €100,000. Five tickets will be drawn at this prize level and all will win €100,000 each.

From http://www.lotto.ie/howtoplay/millionaire_raffle.asp

It's all fixed. Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Also, my name is Brian Nolan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Terry wrote: »
    Check this out:

From http://www.lotto.ie/howtoplay/millionaire_raffle.asp

It's all fixed. Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Also, my name is Brian Nolan.

6 million quid worth of tickets for a prize fund of 2.5million?
    Robbing bastards.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

'evenin ronan

/me nods

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Wertz wrote: »
    6 million quid worth of tickets for a prize fund of 2.5million?
    Robbing bastards.
    Meh.
    It goes to good causes.
    I'm gonna pick up a ticket later. Even if it is fixed.*

*It's not fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Independant Observer...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Terry wrote: »
    Meh.
    It goes to good causes.
    I'm gonna pick up a ticket later. Even if it is fixed.*

*It's not fixed.

It goes to shoring up funding for stuff* that should be getting funded directly from the public coffers....oh and it's built many's a golf course in it's day. Good causes? It is as many say it is, a tax on the mathematically challenged (I hate when people post that in these threads :pac: )

The Department of Health and Children allocates funds to
    Health Agencies and other similar organisations providing a
    range of services including:
    Services for the Elderly
    Services for the Intellectually Disabled
    Child Care Services
    Public Health Services
    Services for the Physically Disabled
    Health Board Services
    Health Promotion
    Building, Equipping and Furnishing of Health Facilities
    (Capital Expenditure)

+

HSE provides grants to Health Agencies and other similar
    organisations. It also provides grants for the building,
    equipping and furnishing of Health Facilities.

http://www.lotto.ie/downloads/beneficiary_factsheet.pdf
    Page 5 and 6

As for it being fixed? The millionaire raffle, no, bad odds but a straight game I'd say...the Lottery draw? Jury's still out for me...given the moneymaker that it is, and the odd coincidences of prize funds running to certain holiday periods and sh*t like that.
    But someone has to win :)
    just not tonight...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Tis filmed live .... trust me ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 49 rover84

Nah ! It must be live because it is supervised by KPMG - them dudes are professional - no freekin messin with the KPMG boys - no siree.......

+1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

'tis filmed live alright, I used to know someone who worked for the Lotto and had to go to the studio for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Not another one of these.....!

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭NorfolkEnchants

Gives a sh*t? DOesn't really matter once we all win notyhing from it anyway:mad:

And surely a firm as reputable as KPMG wouldn't have themselves associated with something this dodgey??? (tongue in cheek)

I'm all about the EuroMillions anyway, at least that doesn't pretend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭burgess1

Don't you have to buy your ticket before 7.30 anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

I like watching the balls drop

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

star-pants wrote: »
    Tis filmed live .... trust me ;)

Everything is filmed live. It's when it's replayed that people are interested in. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

burgess1 wrote: »
    Don't you have to buy your ticket before 7.30 anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I don't see the man from KPMG anymore, I'm almost completely sure he has been assassinated by lotto big wigs who, I'm almost completely sure. Are behind the illegal drugs trade in this country and seven other European countries.

Oh! And I reckon I've won about €30 in the lotto plus 1 and main lotto.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭Fulton Crown

ScumLord wrote: »
    I don't see the man from KPMG anymore, I'm almost completely sure he has been assassinated by lotto big wigs who, I'm almost completely sure. Are behind the illegal drugs trade in this country and seven other European countries.

Oh! And I reckon I've won about €30 in the lotto plus 1 and main lotto.

Freekin ring o truth about that one allright scummer..was passing the lottery offices in Abbey Street an a lot of dudes with slick hair an shiny suits were going in an out - freekin sure now they were gangsters..sorta..well..Mafia lookin ...if yah get me whiff...also saw them carrying a tailors dummy over to Boyers - looked suspiciously like the KPMG man..in both looks an personality!

Recon we should blow the whistle on this one.....for the country's sake..I'LL mention it to Tom Muldoon in Store Street..he'll know what to do...he's in charge of their Lottery Scams and Swindles (Foreign) section.

He's down on the farm in leix at the mo..but he's due back next month...

• Advertisement
Advertisement