Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Long range wifi router recommendations

Options
  • 14-06-2014 4:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    Hoping ye guys can point me in the right direction.

I am looking to get a router that can cover from building to another about 150 feet apart and would really appreciate your recommendations for devices.

I have been googling a few but something tells me a lot don't do what they advertise.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭same ol sh1te

Hi all,
    Hoping ye guys can point me in the right direction.

I am looking to get a router that can cover from building to another about 150 feet apart and would really appreciate your recommendations for devices.

I have been googling a few but something tells me a lot don't do what they advertise.

Thanks

There is no such thing and any that market as being such are lying. You need multiple devices, most likely need to make a point to point link with two directional wifi transmitters which will need clear line of sight and then add another wifi access point to cover the other building

Advertisement