Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2015-16 Premier League Injuries & Suspensions

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

CSF wrote: »
    Ward at home to City and away to Tottenham wasn't really in my plans so I don't have to change those plans. After that I'll see.

Lads, just to say as a Newcastle supporter, you could never believe Pardews reports on injuries to players he often understates/overstates things as he believes this will confuse the opposition Manager i.e. I would be "surprised" to see Ward back before then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Ward at home to City and away to Tottenham wasn't really in my plans so I don't have to change those plans. After that I'll see.

Yeah wouldn't be playing him for the next couple but still happy I've soare now! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,550 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Colking wrote: »
    Lads, just to say as a Newcastle supporter, you could never believe Pardews reports on injuries to players he often understates/overstates things as he believes this will confuse the opposition Manager i.e. I would be "surprised" to see Ward back before then.

I hope you're right. I can't see myself making any move on him in that time anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Ben Dinnery ‏@BenDinnery 7m7 minutes ago
    Sadio Mané and Cuco Martina are still travelling back from international duty and will be assessed in training on Friday #SaintsFC

Stoke City FC ‏@stokecity 1m1 minute ago
    MH: We are hopeful that Marko will be ok. Glen Johnson has a little bit of an issue too, which we hope settles down in the next day. #SCFC
    1 retweet 1 favorite
    Reply Retweet 1 Favorite 1
    More
    Stoke City FC ‏@stokecity 2m2 minutes ago
    MH: Mame Diouf didn't train today - he is a doubt, as is Marko Arnautovic, who had a real bang on his ankle. #SCFC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Diouf, Ward and Courtois all injured for me. At least my start is consistently bad!

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭internet_user

Has ward rose to 4.6 or am I imagining it? If so i can leave him on the bench for a while

Has ward rose to 4.6 or am I imagining it? If so i can leave him on the bench for a while

He has. Red flag will mean more transfers out as well

@FPLiNSiGHT Trained yesterday #Sagna should be OK providing no setback

http://t.co/3OsRCOYAmr

Better news for Sagna owners.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Hackers

Exact same....and is after using my wildcard in the last gameweek!
    Diouf, Ward and Courtois all injured for me. At least my start is consistently bad!

• Advertisement

Hackers wrote: »
    Exact same....and is after using my wildcard in the last gameweek!

Oh dear...

At least, as others have said, Ward can sit for a couple of weeks and he won't lose any resale value. McCarthy MIGHT cover Courtois for me if he's not out for long. They said "Diouf hasn't trained", which suggests he's touch and go, or maybe a one week injury. The problem with leaving them all in is the bench is pretty light, so if I get worse news on Diouf, it's Wilson in for a hit and hold Courtois and Ward.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

Colking wrote: »

Third time I've been stung by Courtois, had him last year one of the times Cech stood in.
    Sending off this season.
    And injury now.

I really should avoid premium GK's. Pity the rest of the Chelsea defence is so pricey.

Any word out of Palace, is McCarthy's place under threat yet from Speroni?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

shineon23 wrote: »
    Third time I've been stung by Courtois, had him last year one of the times Cech stood in.
    Sending off this season.
    And injury now.

I really should avoid premium GK's. Pity the rest of the Chelsea defence is so pricey.

Any word out of Palace, is McCarthy's place under threat yet from Speroni?

courtois is actually a disaster fantasy football wise
    won't ever go near him again after briefly owning him at start of last year
    was too expensive for what he gave me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

zarquon wrote: »

Hmm, if Chelsea could sort themselves out I'd break my no elite GK strategy for Begovic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

That's my next week transfer sorted.
    0.1 I will never get back...

• Advertisement

Some interesting transfer options for Courtois though with De Gea and possibly Lindegaard. At least we'll know after the weekend what the deal is with United and West Brom keepers. De Gea will be back but it's difficult to tell if he'll be in place this weekend. FFS are tipping Lindegaard to start as are the Birmingham Mail.

If Courtois is out for at least 2 months then begovic at 5.0 could be a great purchase.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Some interesting transfer options for Courtois though with De Gea and possibly Lindegaard. At least we'll know after the weekend what the deal is with United and West Brom keepers. De Gea will be back but it's difficult to tell if he'll be in place this weekend. FFS are tipping Lindegaard to start as are the Birmingham Mail.

If Courtois is out for at least 2 months then begovic at 5.0 could be a great purchase.

So was Courtois at 5.5:mad:

Hmm, if Chelsea could sort themselves out I'd break my no elite GK strategy for Begovic

5ml for him if I'm on a wildcard is a no brainer right?
    only downside is I stupidly already moved McCarthy on and he would cost me .1 now so will have to go with a different 4 ml non playing keeper

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Courtois - > Begovic. No brainer, now is not the time to be gambling on De Gea.

ScummyMan wrote: »
    Courtois - > Begovic. No brainer, now is not the time to be gambling on De Gea.
    Hopefully all news will become clear today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Hopefully all news will become clear today.

With Mourinho involved I doubt it. Remember last season Costa was to miss six weeks and then played and scored two.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Lemlin wrote: »
    With Mourinho involved I doubt it. Remember last season Costa was to miss six weeks and then played and scored two.

If Coutois plays and scores two people are going to be sickened.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

Southampton will be without Ryan Bertrand, Jordy Clasie, Fraser Forster and Florin Gardos for the trip to the Hawthorns, but Victor Wanyama will be available for selection again on Saturday.

New signing Virgil van Dijk could make his debut for Koeman’s side against the Baggies this weekend.

Read more at http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/news/article/20150911-match-preview-west-bromwich-albion-vs-southampton-2680691.aspx#Kp82VKxFZkHmOiW8.99

Looks like another 90 minutes for Super Mattie Targett.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Western Pomise

What time generally are press conferences at?

Miguel Delaney ‏@MiguelDelaney now
    Mourinho on Courtois: "As a consequence of that he'll be out for quite a long time. I can't be more specific now."
    0 retweets 0 favorites
    Reply Retweet Favorite
    More
    Miguel Delaney ‏@MiguelDelaney 23s23 seconds ago
    Mourinho: "No injury problems from national teams, but Courtois injured in training. Cannot tell you much but needs surgery."

What time generally are press conferences at?

It will tell you in the summary here the next ones: http://www.bbc.com/sport/live/33997861

Miguel Delaney ‏@MiguelDelaney now
    Mourinho on Courtois: "As a consequence of that he'll be out for quite a long time. I can't be more specific now."
    0 retweets 0 favorites
    Reply Retweet Favorite
    More
    Miguel Delaney ‏@MiguelDelaney 23s23 seconds ago
    Mourinho: "No injury problems from national teams, but Courtois injured in training. Cannot tell you much but needs surgery."

Wow wasn't expecting him to come out with that. I was thinking we might get a we'll see not a he'll be out for quite a long time. Interesting.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

jimmii wrote: »
    Wow wasn't expecting him to come out with that. I was thinking we might get a we'll see not a he'll be out for quite a long time. Interesting.

100% guaranteed to play tomorrow so :pac:

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Ddg and begovic now good options.

100% guaranteed to play tomorrow so :pac:

And score two goals don't forget! Would be classic Jose if he did start.

• Advertisement

Zabaleta Clichy Delph all out tomorrow. Silva a doubt...

ScummyMan wrote: »
    Zabaleta Clichy Delph all out tomorrow. Silva a doubt...

Feckkkkkk

Simon Mullock ‏@MullockSMirror 51s51 seconds ago
    Pellegrini has now confirmed that Silva is out of Palace game

Simon Mullock ‏@MullockSMirror 56s56 seconds ago
    Pellegrini "hopes" Silva will be fit to face Juventus

Pellegrini confirms David Silva will miss Saturdays' game due to the ankle problem he picked up on international duty #MCFC

Ooh, tasty one for those who have been bricking it over him.

What is that on the fan?

Things are falling into place for my wildcard
    Begovic and Yaya

Sagna fit :D

Yup. I'm having the jammiest international break ever! :D

• Advertisement

My worst start by about 2 million places and now 4 (four) injuries. Why, the challenge just gets more and more exciting!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Silva to De Breune? :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭beaver111

will he start for city

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

beaver111 wrote: »
    will he start for city

i'd say so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Silva and Diouf injuries. I've made my 2 FT's, so O'Shea and D.Fletcher will be coming in. A possible 9 points there with clean sheets (yeah right :pac:)

Diouf to Wilson for a -4 did cross my mind but with LEI, BOUR, avl, swa, WAT, new in the next 6 for Diouf - no chance.

manual_man wrote: »
    Silva to De Breune? :cool:

I'm holding Silva

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Went with Payet to Pedro and Mahrez to Sako 2 weeks ago

First Pedro not rising
    and now

Silva and Diouf being injured is serious backfire.

Was actually contemplating transferring both of those as oppose to Payet & Mahrez

FHFC wrote: »
    Yup. I'm having the jammiest international break ever! :D

You can say that again. Silva and Courtois out for me now, my 2 big differentials for our H2H game. It looks like you should have a handy 3 points now :(

Ward out too just to add salt into the wound!

You can say that again. Silva and Courtois out for me now, my 2 big differentials for our H2H game. It looks like you should have a handy 3 points now :(

Ward out too just to add salt into the wound!

Wouldn't just say that now. I'm on -4 and I could have no keeper myself. But having done my transfers early have dodged a lot of bullets while Silva being out even for 1 week is a nice wee bonus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Deco99

Silva to Sterling or play one of Francis, Targett, Anya?

Sanchez. Mahrez. Pedro the rest of midfield.

Deco99 wrote: »
    Silva to Sterling or play one of Francis, Targett, Anya?

Sanchez. Mahrez. Pedro the rest of midfield.

Targett is absolutely playable. The problem with doing Silva to Sterling is that you're going to want to change back once Silva returns so you're really committing to 2 transfers which I would consider (when assessing opportunity cost and other such factors) to be a cost of 4 points.

• Advertisement
Advertisement