Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General FPL Chat 2015/16

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

David De Gea - #mufc waiting for confirmation either way but adamant they have proof all their paperwork submitted to FIFA on time. #SSNHQ

Bryan Swanson Sky Sports.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,542 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Praying it doesn't go through. Romero til January!!!

CSF wrote: »

La Liga says the documents did not arrive on time. UEFA will look at the case tomorrow. Both RM and United pushing for it to happen

@GuillemBalague

FHFC wrote: »
    La Liga says the documents did not arrive on time. UEFA will look at the case tomorrow. Both RM and United pushing for it to happen

@GuillemBalague
    Sleeping tonight doesn't seem like it'll be a thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I thought clubs had until six tomorrow?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭loadwire

Lemlin wrote: »
    I thought clubs had until six tomorrow?

Spanish window closed tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

If DDG does stay surely he'll start playing ahead of Romero soon enough?

Although Van Gaal is liable to do anything, wouldn't be surprised if Valdes stays gets a run. :P

shineon23 wrote: »
    If DDG does stay surely he'll start playing ahead of Romero soon enough?

Although Van Gaal is liable to do anything, wouldn't be surprised if Valdes stays gets a run. :P
    I think it'll take a while to sort with De Gea, giving me time to facilitate the transfer.

I think it'll take a while to sort with De Gea, giving me time to facilitate the transfer.

De Gea deal has gone through, confirmation soon. (Source - Press Association) #MUFC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Should still be a few interesting pieces of business done today but I can't see anything that will immediately interest us with players likely to hit the ground running with a guaranteed starting spot, am I missing anything???
    Berbatov to Villa would excite me but I'd need to see him start a couple first, Victor Moses for 5.3 at West Ham could be worth a look

• Advertisement

Is it safe to celebrate a Romero victory yet...

Is it safe to celebrate a Romero victory yet...

I don't think Romero is gonna play no matter what happens, is De Gea going to sit in the stands till January?

I don't think Romero is gonna play no matter what happens, is De Gea going to sit in the stands till January?

I wouldn't rule out a loan deal by the end of today somewhere.

But, whether De Gea does come back in, it's unlikely to be immediate. He will be with the Spanish squad until next Wednesday or Thursday right? Given that him and van Gaal won't have sat down and plodded through it, that rules out the Liverpool game for him IMO.

After that, we will see again, but I don't know if Van Gaal will view de Gea to be in the right frame of mind to play for United. If he wasn't previously, it can only be worse now right?

I wouldn't rule out a loan deal by the end of today somewhere.

But, whether De Gea does come back in, it's unlikely to be immediate. He will be with the Spanish squad until next Wednesday or Thursday right? Given that him and van Gaal won't have sat down and plodded through it, that rules out the Liverpool game for him IMO.

After that, we will see again, but I don't know if Van Gaal will view de Gea to be in the right frame of mind to play for United. If he wasn't previously, it can only be worse now right?

Off topic but De Gea must have little to be worrying him to say that he won't be in the right frame of mind, it beggars belief but Van Gaal seems like a very strange man.

Off topic but De Gea must have little to be worrying him to say that he won't be in the right frame of mind, it beggars belief but Van Gaal seems like a very strange man.

I'm not privy to the workings of a dressing room full of ridiculously paid superstar athletes, but more often than not a lack of motivation and focus does typically have a negative impact on performances.

Will be very interesting to see how this plays out.

Latest rumour is that Real have not appealed the thing to UEFA so Ddg stays.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-live-blogs/11835266/Man-Utd-transfer-deadline-day-news-and-rumours-live.html

I'd still doubt Romero will play much if at all after the break.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,826 ✭✭✭✭dahat

De Gea stays, £5.3 anyone?

Makes UTD defenders even more valuable now regardless of fixtures.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

dahat wrote: »

Well it depends now whether he's going to suck it up and be a professional or act like a little bitch and refuse to play. Will have to wait and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

You think Van Gaal will play him ?

If Utd. don't have a deal for Real to purchase him in January (which I'd be surprised at) I reckon they know they'll lose him on a free.

In which case I'd say he'll be loaned out. Why pi$$ off Romero and upset the defence?

Or is LVG a bigger character than I give him credit for being (or more practical?)

After Romero horror show De Gea will be back on soon as IMO, he will have some days to recover from this message but will be expected to step up bu UTD and LVG.

• Advertisement

After Romero horror show De Gea will be back on soon as IMO, he will have some days to recover from this message but will be expected to step up bu UTD and LVG.

You don't have one of the best GKs in the world contracted to you and loan him out and play a very dodgy keeper instead. Who could they even loan him to? Another English club? Holland? Where else is the window open apart from England and Scotland, and Holland maybe? Harps might take him I suppose but our lad is playing well!! :D

Also, if youre DDG you don't refuse to play for 6 months in the lead into the European Championships.

I think he could very likely play against Liverpool TBH.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Well it depends now whether he's going to suck it up and be a professional or act like a little bitch and refuse to play. Will have to wait and see.

he will be straight back in if he stays

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

You don't have one of the best GKs in the world contracted to you and loan him out and play a very dodgy keeper instead. Who could they even loan him to? Another English club? Holland? Where else is the window open apart from England and Scotland, and Holland maybe? Harps might take him I suppose but our lad is playing well!! :D

Also, if youre DDG you don't refuse to play for 6 months in the lead into the European Championships.

Does the Loan window stay open longer, or does it close at the same time apart from emergency loans?

De Gea never refused to play, LVG took him.out as it was assumed he was leaving.

I like you believe he will be right back in vs Liverpool especially after the Swansea defeat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

De Gea never refused to play, LVG took him.out as it was assumed he was leaving.

I like you believe he will be right back in vs Liverpool especially after the Swansea defeat.

there is one other factors here though
    as daft as it seems there are multiple rumours that LVG does not rate de gea that highly !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

De Gea makes a deal with Pulis and goes on loan to WB 'till the January transfer window at least. His situation will be reassessed then.

Tomorrow it is announced he got a bad injury in training. Twitter & co go wild (talks of 6 months out and the perspective of Real Madrid vanishing...). As a consequence his price plummets and he's £5.2m by Thursday.

Friday, a new scan shows that the injury is actually minor and he should be back for the game in Villa Park at worst. But casuals don't check that and just seeing his FPL flag drives them to continue selling. £5.1m midweek next week.

He doesn't play home to Saints next GW. Still flagged. Casuals "casualise". Down to £5.0m by GW5 Sunday or Monday night. Back fit (as expected :p) a couple of days later. Flag off. Protected.

And then starts one of the most memorable FPL/FSA love story (a la M.Turner/M.P :P) with De Gea getting 5 CS in 6 games (WB GW6-11 nice run only conceding a goal away to Palace - let's make it realistic enough :D -).

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

If I ever had one dream for the FSA it would be that if everyone agreed and settled upon a cheap, left field but viable defender that everyone had in their squad and could really have a cult hero on our hands.

Call it a Mickey Turner legacy to the FSA. We could have a poll and vote and decide between us who we had.

Obviously a lot of people wouldn't participate and may be a bit late for this season but it'd make for even more craic on match days if he were to pop up and score. Somebody with unique FSA properties that the FFS or twitter heads wouldn't understand the love for.

You may call me a dreamer :)

If I ever had one dream for the FSA it would be that if everyone agreed and settled upon a cheap, left field but viable defender that everyone had in their squad and could really have a cult hero on our hands.

Call it a Mickey Turner legacy to the FSA. We could have a poll and vote and decide between us who we had.

Obviously a lot of people wouldn't participate and may be a bit late for this season but it'd make for even more craic on match days if he were to pop up and score. Somebody with unique FSA properties that the FFS or twitter heads wouldn't understand the love for.

You may call me a dreamer :)

I propose Kaboul, liable to be sent off every week but he's an animal in the opposition box, recently given the vote of confidence by his manager and he has 1 single point accumulated from 3 full appearances this year.

Paullyd, give us the go ahead please:p

• Advertisement

I know yeah, was just looking at the situation from here.

He has to get back playing, United need a keeper and still hold his contract. Practicalities and self interest will kick in pretty quick from both sides!

Advertisement