Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Robbers

Options
  • 21-01-2010 6:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭

Hi,

Today I was robbed. After DJing in Wax nightclub on South William Street I went to Charlies restaurant on Georges Street. In the 30 minutes I spent here, my bag of equipment was stolen. The bag was directly beside the table I was sitting at and was not left unattended. Charlies have at least 6 CCTV cameras in the establishment. <snip> I realise this is a long shot but if anyone was in Charlies between 2:45am and 3:45am and saw anything I'd really appreciate any information you may have. All the equipment is useless without the cables and software which I have so the theft is completely pointless to them but obviously not to me. Also as a side the Gardai were on the scene within 5 minutes and were extremely helpful so thanks to them

T :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭Pdfile

poor fella, chances are it was a bird or two fellas... one catches yer eye and the other uses say an umbrella under yer chair to pull it away, everyones pissed so they wont notice something as open as this...

Again... Hope ye get it back

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Tricked

Cheers, probably should point out I was sober at the time, undoubtedly questions will follow as to how someone can't notice a bag go missing from beside them but it happened to me anyway. Again I'd appreciate any help

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Pdfile wrote: »
    poor fella, chances are it was a bird or two fellas... one catches yer eye and the other uses say an umbrella under yer chair to pull it away, everyones pissed so they wont notice something as open as this...

Again... Hope ye get it back

Hmmm you seem to know a little *too* much about how to do this....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭Pdfile

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Hmmm you seem to know a little *too* much about how to do this....

its The oldest trick in the book.

Litterally... it really is apart form the * OH look an Eagle*... *kicks to the groin*... *takes yer goods*

It gets me everytime :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Little Acorn

Sorry to hear about you're stuff getting knicked.
    <snip>
    Also,try to find out if it's possible for the guards to obtain cctv footage from the street outside,or else footage from the fronts of the other businesses on the street.-You could spot the thief walking by carrying your equipment bag.
    If the equipment really is useless to the thieves without your software etc.,you should have a search in the nearby area as the bag could be dumped nearby.
    Mention it on the local radio for all businesses and locals to keep an eye out for it.Describe the bag etc.
    Hope you get it all back.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭digme

Get the Lords "managers" number and ring him......christ

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Tricked wrote: »
    Cheers, probably should point out I was sober at the time, undoubtedly questions will follow as to how someone can't notice a bag go missing from beside them but it happened to me anyway. Again I'd appreciate any help

you were sober and you went to Charlies??? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭marcsignal

Sorry to hear that OP:(

Bastards, I hope their kids get hooked on drugs :mad:

If you have any serial numbers and can give a detailed description, contact places like 'cash converters' so they can keep an eye out. Also keep an eye on the 'buy&sell and EBay.

I know a load of DJs around town and in the radio game, if you want to PM me a detailed description of what was lifted, I'd be happy to flag everyone and ask them to keep an eye out.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Tricked

Thanks for the advice. Marcsignal I PM'd you the descriptions so any help would be greatly appreciated. It looks like the external CCTVs would be my best option alright

Anytime mate, consider it done ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Good advice to contact Cash Converters.

I would say that would be their first port of call.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭neil_hosey

marcsignal wrote: »

Bastards, I hope their kids get hooked on drugs :mad:

jesus! lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Captain_Generic

A bit of advice for anyone with equipment like this.

when you first buy it, write your details on it with a UV pen, then unscrew the main cover, and use the same pen to write your details on the inside of the cover also.

The Gardai may find it raiding some junkies house, and they usually will check.

;)

Advertisement