Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying a Drumkit (€500-€800)

Options
  • 13-03-2014 11:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

Hello,

Im looking into buying a new or 2nd hand drum kit with hardware and stands included. I play drums in a hard rock band. This kit has caught my eye...http://www.gretschdrums.com/?fa=drums&sid=756
    the only problem is I haven't seen it around in any music retailers here...Im wondering has anyone gotten a chance to play this gretsch kit? Or own one like it?

Any other maple kits out there that you know of in this price range?

Thanks for the help! I appreciate it! ^_^

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26 rickydreamboat

Hi,

First of all gretsch kits are beautiful and really well made. Would be a fine purchase. Saying that, what kind of music do you play? It may not suit your style if it's really heavy. Pearl exports are typically hard wearing drums so I would also recommend them within this price range. Where are you based and what music stores have you tried?

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Bangadrum

Hi,

First of all gretsch kits are beautiful and really well made. Would be a fine purchase. Saying that, what kind of music do you play? It may not suit your style if it's really heavy. Pearl exports are typically hard wearing drums so I would also recommend them within this price range. Where are you based and what music stores have you tried?

Hard Rock and Punk sometimes Metal I've been told I'm a hard hitting drummer I'm based in Dublin and for the moment Ive been looking on thomann done deal adverts etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Any drum kit will take the pain if you get cases for it. Factor that into your price. Nothing worse than a kit feck'd into the back of a car!

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Bangadrum

Nothing worse than a kit feck'd into the back of a car!

The kit will be staying at my house nearly all the time I use a battered up 10 years old pearl kit to rehearse on but would you recommend the gretsch catalina kit? I've heard online that its beastly

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

I was at Musicmesse last year with my drummer. We tried all the kits that we could fit into in that time. We then headed to MusicStore and did the same thing. Now, I'm not a drummer but based on his feedback he liked DW kits, Sonar, Tama, Pearl in that order. We even tried MS own branded high end one and it sounded really nice.

I recorded a Gretsch kit a few weeks back. The Snare was huge and had this really nice tone and over all sound. It sits in the final mix with little done to it to have a great sound.

I'm not a fan of pearl toms. I would personally go with DW as having the nicest. I've always played along side Alegra kit, really nice too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,901 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Go out to Naas drum centre, they'll sort you out.

Advertisement