Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Recommendations for a Good Auto Electrician in Galway

Options
  • 04-01-2014 12:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭

I have a 2006 E60 which is suffering from a dead battery every morning. The battery is in good shape, the alternator is working, and I tried disconnecting the IBS, which didn't solve the problem either. If I disconnect the battery overnight, it will start the car no problem the following morning. :confused:

Something is drawing a substantial amount of current. After about 4-5 hours of the car being turned off, the battery will be completely flat (not even enough juice for an interior light). The car appears to be going to sleep as it should (the window lock light switches off after several minutes).

If anyone knows a good auto electrician around the Galway area, please pass on their details. Or, if anyone has had a similar problem, and can suggest a DIY fix, that would be great too. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭bigboss1986

I alway use Auto Electrical Concepts accros from Mcdonagh DIY Ballybanne .He is great

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Eireann81

I alway use Auto Electrical Concepts accros from Mcdonagh DIY Ballybanne .He is great

Thanks, I'll call them on Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,289 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Is always some nice cars parked outside also.

Was across the road at Leahy engineering afew times and wondered if they could do afew jobs for me

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

If it's the "large" guy across from the Olympic Physique gym I've used him too.
    Good and helpful guy indeed.

Advertisement